We Get To Know Georgia Denton to kick off your working week…
The Melbourne-based singer songwriter dropped her new single ‘Prisoner In Motion’ on Friday and it’s a seriously classy affair.
Add in the fact that the first album she bought was from Girls Aloud and… well… sold!
Check out Georgia’s answers to our probing questions and have a little listen to the track below.
1. Name : Georgia Denton.
2. Where are you based? I live in Melbourne, Australia.
3. How did you get your start in music? I have been singing ever since I can remember but didn’t start performing until I got to high school. Then I auditioned for ‘X Factor’ in 2015 and ended up getting to top 10, which was something I never thought would happen!
4. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Emotional, soulful, passionate, raw, determined.
5. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I have been greatly influenced by so many different artists and grew up listening to all different genres. I have a real passion for soulful music that shows real emotion and tells stories. I don’t really know how to describe my sound because I don’t like to categorise myself!
6. Who have been your musical influences? I have been influenced by so many; Beyonce, Tori Kelly, JoJo, Etta James, Adele, Bruno Mars… the list goes on! They are all such incredible artists and amazing songwriters.
7. What are your favourite songs of all time? Gee that’s a hard one, but a couple of my all time faves are ‘Creep’ by Radiohead and ‘Emotions’ by Destiny’s Child.
8. What was the first album you bought? I think it was a Girls Aloud album!
9. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I was a major tomboy growing up and hated everything I thought was girly. I used to play for an all girls soccer team when I was about six or seven and got kicked off because I was too rough.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I have a real love for animals and if music wasn’t in my life I would devote my time to doing everything I possibly could to help them! Maybe a vet!
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Someone once told me that you sometimes have to write crappy songs to find and appreciate the good stuff.
12. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Prisoner In Motion’ is a dedication to all the people that have supported me and is actually the first song I’ve ever written! I had never been in a studio to write with other people either and so I was really nervous. It’s pretty much about being confused with life and not really knowing what direction to go in.
13. What do your future plans involve? I’m currently finishing my last year of school and after that I want to focus on my music and modelling and just keep doing what I love!
14. Where can our audience catch you live? You’ll have to check out my social media to keep updated!