• Welcome to your Wednesday Purge! We’re kicking off this week with the new track from Melbourne performer Lakyn. ‘View Looks So Good’ received its premiere on Triple J earlier this week and to celebrate, Lakyn is hitting the stage at The Workers Club in Melbourne on June 27 for a one-off gig. “It’s about waking up and realising you are far from where you want to be, you know it’s going to take a while to get there but once you reach the metaphorical “top of the hill”, you’ll understand why you had so many struggles on the way up,” he says of the track. “Everything will make sense once you see the view and anyone who doubted you will wonder why they’re still at the bottom.” Listen HERE.
• Could we possibly be ‘Fallin’ for a new single from one of Australia’s brightest pop stars this Friday? That’s all we’re giving you. ;)
• DJ Khaled has launched pre-orders for his new album ‘Grateful’, which is due for release at the end of the month. Featuring 23 songs, including the recent No.1 ‘I’m The One’ (with Justin Bieber), ‘Shining’ (with Beyoncé and Jay Z) and the new single ‘To The Max’ (featuring Drake). According to Sony, it’s out June 23.
• The delightful lads from Cut Copy will play two special headline shows towards the end of next month. Timed to co-incide with their appearance at Splendour In The Grass, the July 19 gig at Sydney’s Metro Theatre and July 20 gig at The Croxton in Melbourne will give punters the chance to be among the first to hear some of the most recent fruits of their musical labours. Tickets are on sale today.
• Great news for fans of The Preatures, with the announcements of a) their new album ‘Girlhood’ (released August 11) and b) a national tour in support of it. The Sydney four piece will be playing shows in all five main capital cities throughout September, kicking off in Melbourne on the first and wrapping in Perth on the 23rd. Tickets are on sale at 11am local time this Friday, June 09.
• The Red Hot Summer Tour is back for another sizzling edition in 2018. And this time, it’ll be a roll-call of rockers entertaining crowds across the country. Suzi Quatro, The Angels, Baby Animals, Screaming Jets, Moving Pictures and Chocolate Starfish are all on the bill for the tour, which will encompass ten shows across the country from January 06. Tickets are on sale tomorrow at 9am.
• Australia’s musical royalty will come together in Melbourne later this month for a special concert aimed to raise funds for Aussie guitarist Stuart Fraser (who’s fighting lung cancer) and the Olivia Newton John Wellness Centre. John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Noiseworks and Diesel are all on the bill for the June 28 gig at Hisense Arena. Tickets are on sale this Friday.
• Remember Everclear? The band that hit the top 30 here back in 1995 with their hit single ‘Santa Monica’ and the top ten with the album it came from, ‘Sparkle And Fade’? Well they’ll be back in the country later this year for a national tour to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the release of their album ‘So Much For The Afterglow’. Shows are locked in for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Newcastle for the band’s visit from late September. Tickets are on sale from 10am on Monday.
• You Me At Six will be back in Australia in September for live shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Dates are locked at Eatons Hill Hotel in Brisbane on September 22, Luna Park Big Top in Sydney on September 23 and the Forum Theatre in Melbourne on September 24. Frontier members get first bags on tickets from Tuesday, before general public sales go live from midday on Thursday June 15.
• And the line-up to this year’s Deni Ute Muster has landed; organisers this week revealing an all-Aussie line-up, consisting of the likes of Lee Kernaghan, Sara Storer, Beccy Cole, The McClymonts, Shannon Noll and The Wolfe Brothers. Naturally, there are many more joining the aforementioned for the September 29 and 30 event, tickets for which are on sale now.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 07 : Cut Copy (Sydney, Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY JUNE 07 : Sia (Sydney, Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY JUNE 07 : Dan Sultan (Nationally)
THURSDAY JUNE 08 : Red Hot Summer Tour (Nationally)
THURSDAY JUNE 08 : Tonight Alive (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 09 : Playing It Forward Concert (Melbourne)
FRIDAY JUNE 09 : The Preatures (Nationally)
MONDAY JUNE 12 : Everclear (Nationally)