• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge. It all kicks off this week with ‘A Moment Apart’, the new album for US duo Odesza. The electronic outfit has notched up a succession of Billboard dance hits over the past few years, but there’s plenty more where they came from; 16 tracks in all, including new songs ‘Corners Of The Earth’ and ‘Meridian’. And what’s more, the boys have also confirmed they’ll also be in Australia in September this year for shows in Sydney and Melbourne. They’ll play the Forum Theatre in Melbourne on September 15 and the Enmore Theatre in Sydney on September 16. General public tickets are on sale at 10am AEST this Friday.
• Golden Vessel continues to go from strength to strength in 2017. Hot on the heels of his recent single ‘Tell The Girl’ and an East Coast tour announcement, the young producer has dropped his latest single ‘Shoulders’. The track features vocal appearances from both Elkkle and Mallrat and, as GV explains, it was built from an wonky synth recording. “Most of it was out of key or a bit too weird, but there were a few little seconds of pure gold in there that I really wanted to use, so I tried to build a track around that.” The single’s out now.
• EMI has confirmed the release of a new box set of Slim Dusty recordings. Entitled ‘Odds & Sods’, the five disc collection will feature 130 songs, most of which are hard to source. Available for pre-order now, this limited release will drop into stores across the country on Friday August 04.
• So-hot-right-now hip hop trio Migos will tour Australia in the middle of October. Famous for their smash hit ‘Bad And Boujee’ and superstar collaborations with the likes of Calvin Harris and Katy Perry, Migos will play Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth as part of the visit, which kicks off with their Sydney show at the Hordern Pavilion on October 13. Frontier members gets first access to tickets via a pre-sale from this Friday, before general public tickets go live at 11am local time on Monday, June 19.
• Sydney songstress Gordi will release her debut album in late August. And she’s confirmed two intimate shows (one each in Sydney and Melbourne) to launch it. Preceded by new track ‘Heaven I Know’, ‘Reservoir’ will land at retailers on Friday August 25.; her launch shows happening early the previous month at the Giant Dwarf Theatre in Sydney (July 06) and Thousand Pound Bend in Melbourne (July 07).
• And Alice Cooper’s upcoming Australian tour is going gangbusters, particularly in Melbourne and Brisbane, where organisers have shifted the shows to larger venues in order to appease more fans wanting tickets. The October 20 gig in Melbourne shifts to the larger Rod Laver Arena, while the October 25 gig in Brisbane moves to the Entertainment Centre. Extra tickets for both shows are on sale at midday today.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 14 : Alice Cooper (Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY JUNE 15 : Harry Styles (Nationally)
THURSDAY JUNE 15 : You Me At Six (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
FRIDAY JUNE 16 : London Grammar (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 16 : Odesza (Sydney, Melbourne)
MONDAY JUNE 19 : Lorde (Nationally)
MONDAY JUNE 19 : Migos (Nationally)
MONDAY JUNE 19 : Lionel Richie & Chic (Nationally)