• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge, with the fresh new single from Bruno Mars and David Guetta. The American urban/pop superstar has teamed up with the French EDM god for a remix of his latest single. The single was premiered by David live from a set in Ibiza yesterday morning and was subsequently serviced to Australian media yesterday afternoon local time. The track follows on from Bruno’s latest smash hit, ‘That’s What I Like’.
• Also doing the rounds at Australian media this week are remixes of Niall Horan’s top five smash ‘Slow Hands’, along with new singles for Drake, Alfie Arcuri, Carly Rae Jepsen and the radio edit of Katy Perry’s ‘Swish Swish’. Naturally, we’ll be bringing you a more comprehensive wrap of the new tracks impacting media this week on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon.
• Alison Wonderland is set to leave you spooked; announcing that the third instalment in her ‘Wonderland Warehouse Project’ will be known as the ‘Wonderland Scarehouse Project’. In celebration of an upcoming sophomore album, Alison will play secret farm locations near Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane on December 09, December 02 and November 26 respectively. Tickets are on sale from 10am today.
• Big news for the guys from London Grammar yesterday, with a venue shift for their upcoming Sydney show. Originally slated to play two shows at the Opera House, they added another date at the Enmore Theatre to cope with demand for tickets. Said demand has now forced organisers into moving the gig to the larger Hordern Pavilion. Tickets are now on sale, while those for the remaining shows in Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle are selling fast.
• Iowa-based rock outfit Stone Sour will play a second Brisbane show at the city’s Eatons Hill Hotel. Their first (on Wednesday August 30) has now fully sold out; organizers adding a second show the previous night at the same venue. Live Nation members get first dibs on the pre-sale, which kicks off at 10am today. But general public tickets go live at 10am on Friday, June 30.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 28 : Death Grips (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
WEDNESDAY JUNE 28 : Alison Wonderland (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY JUNE 29 : Mitski (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY JUNE 30 : Jason Owen (New South Wales)
FRIDAY JUNE 30 : Angus & Julia Stone (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 30 : Stone Sour (Brisbane)
FRIDAY JUNE 30 : The Weeknd (Nationally)
TUESDAY JULY 04 : Paul McCartney (Nationally)