We Get To Know Josh Reck, a fresh new pop act out of Sydney who’s recently released his debut single ‘Commitment’.
But there’s plenty more where that came from, with an EP called ‘Story Teller’ also on the horizon.
Given ‘Commitment’ is his debut release, it’s the perfect excuse for him to tell us a little more about what makes him tick.
So pop ladies and pop gents, join us as we get to know Josh Reck.
01. Name : Josh Reck.
02. Where are you based? I live in Sydney, Australia.
03. How did you get your start in music? I picked up my first guitar at seven years old and started learning, but it wasn’t until I was 13 that I began to sing and take a more serious approach to music. Around this same time, I started to sing in different bands and perform live and I was hooked.
I knew I didn’t want to do anything else but make music and perform it live. I continued studying piano, drums and then moved onto the next natural step, which was songwriting. With all I’d learned, I started producing demos myself and eventually worked with Simon Cohen at Studios 301 on my first EP.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Inspiring, Driven, Creative, Meaningful, Relatable.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I’d best describe my sound as being very pop influenced. Over the years of recording and producing at home, I’ve developed my own soundscapes and vibe, which is centred around the rich tones in my vocals. I love incorporating harmonies into my songs and having a strong beat and/or melody. I always aim to have a meaningful story or message in my songs and I think all these elements combined are what makes for the unique sound.
06. Who have been your musical influences? My main musical influences are Michael Jackson, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, One Republic and Bruno Mars, but the list could go on for a while!
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? That’s a hard one, there’s so much good music out there! I have to say JT’s record ‘What Goes Around Comes Around’ is one of my all time favourites!
08. What was the first album you bought? The first album I bought was ‘The Essential Michael Jackson’. That record inspired me so much, I think it was the only album on my computer for a while!
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I absolutely adore dogs, especially French Bulldogs! I have two and I must say that there’s never a dull moment at home with them.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? Hmmm… I can’t think of music not being an option but, I know I would still be involved in something creative like film, photography or dance.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? The best advice I’ve been given is to believe in myself and follow my dreams. I’ve always embraced it to this day, which is why I’m here releasing my first single!
12. Tell us about your latest release. My latest release is my debut single ‘Commitment’. This is the first original song that I’ve ever released and it’s also the first track off my upcoming EP (Keep your eyes peeled later this year). The storyline is about being hurt so badly that it made me reluctant to commit to a new lover.
13. What do your future plans involve? I’ve been spending a lot of time in my studio writing new music. There’s also a promo tour on the horizon!
14. Where can our audience catch you live? You can follow me on my socials for details of upcoming performances and releases! :)