• Welcome to your midweek serve of The Purge. And there’s a new Tommy Trash single doing the rounds at media. It’s called ‘Dreamer’ and it’s a collaboration with indie-popper DENM. According to publicists, the artists from two very different musical genres collide with great effect. Tommy, of course, is the Queensland native responsible for a string of dancefloor bangers released over the past 11 years.
• Louis Tomlinson’s new single ‘Back To You’ is another track out at media this week, along with Georgia Mae’s ‘Girl Next Door’, CDB cover of the Bobby Brown classic ‘Every Little Step’ and ‘I’m Good’ – a new single from ’90s R&B supergroup En Vogue. Keep your eyes peeled on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow for our regular wrap of the new tunes at media.
• Mark it in your diary. Saturday January 24. That’s when the Road To Ultra Festival will hit Melbourne’s Sidney Myer Music Bowl. It’s the first time the Ultra Festival team has landed down under and paves the way for the full scale festival to make its way to Australia in 2019. Keep up to date at www.ultraaustralia.com.
• He’s ready to support Josh Pyke on his forthcoming Australian tour, but Kyle Lionheart has also revealed that he’ll be hitting the road for a tour of his own later in the year. The 17 date tour is in support of his recently released ‘Eleven And Two’ EP and kicks off at the Workers Club in Geelong in Victoria on November 09. From there, he’s set to make stops in Torquay, Melbourne, Newcastle, Newtown, Bulli, Canberra, Miami, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Nambour, Adelaide, Fremantle, North Perth, Dunsborough, Forth and Hobart across the next month. Tickets for all shows are on sale now. The Josh Pyke tour kicks off this Friday at the Enmore in Sydney.
• Billie Eilish will celebrate the upcoming release of her EP ‘dont smile at me’ (out August 11) with headline shows in Sydney and Melbourne in September. Described as one of the year’s most exciting new talents, said talent will be on show for all to see at The Lansdowne in Sydney on Thursday September 14 and at The Toff In Town in Melbourne on Friday September 15. Tickets are on sale at 10am today.
• And acclaimed ’80s outfit Big Country will be in Australia in March next year for a national tour. The Scottish band, which hit the top 20 locally with their debut album back in 1983, will play said album in full on the visit, but will also dip into the greatest hits bucket. Shows are locked in for all five main capitals, with two shows each slated for both Sydney and Perth. Tickets for all shows are on sale at 9am local time this Friday.
WEDNESDAY JULY 26 : Billie Eilish (Sydney, Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY JULY 26 : Symphonica (Melbourne)
FRIDAY JULY 28 : Big Country (Nationally)
FRIDAY JULY 28 : Judah Kelly (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY JULY 28 : Tash Sultana (Nationally)
FRIDAY JULY 28 : Bryson Tiller (Sydney, Melbourne)
MONDAY JULY 31 : EasyFever Tour (East Coast)
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 02 : Royal Blood (Nationally)