We get to know Butterjack on your Monday morning.
He’s a UK producer whose latest single ‘Other Worlds’ had us swooning for all three minutes and 26 seconds.
We think you’ll also like. So check out the track – and what makes him tick.
01. Name : Butterjack.
02. Where are you based? I am based in the north west of England.
03. How did you get your started in music? I moved to London when I was 18, I think that’s what really got me started. I always played music but there’s not so much of a music scene where I’m from. After I set sail for the big smoke, I started meeting people, working with people and learning what it was to be in music, by surrounding myself with people that were in music.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. I have only just arrived.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I’ve my musical style – I don’t really know, like electronic, chill, dance, indie, pop. I’ve always wanted the mix of electric and real musical instruments, and I’ve been lucky enough to write for and with other artists over the past six years, but when I had time on my own, I started to write for me. Some of these songs I’ve had since 2011.
06. Who have been your musical influences? All sorts of people – they change as you get older – stated with all the greats, Frank Sinatra and all the Rat Pack. Teenage years I didn’t stop listening to John Mayer, then after moving to London it really changed because you’re surrounded by people you can steal wisdom from! Loved Chet Faker and artists like Jamie Woon and James Blake, and I’m massively into Anderson Pak at the moment… and Young Thug lol.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? Wow… I don’t know I mean… there’s too many… I’ll go Stevie Wonder – ‘Lately’.
08. What was the first album you bought? Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ ‘Greatest Hits’.
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I have four pairs of eye lashes . When it’s windy people think I’m crying. I’M NOT!
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I’d like to be an actor – it was a toss up as a teenager. I think acting would have made me weird though!
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? If your arms are long enough nothing is out of reach.- Grandma.
12. Tell us about your latest release. Other Worlds was written on a beach in the south of Spain in the heat with 2 mates on a writing trip we planned when Butterjack was only starting out. The song’s about maintaining a course no matter what, if you feel like its the right thing to do … and being chilled about it.
13. What do your future plans involve? More music – now we’ve got started we don’t want to stop!
14. Where can our audience catch you live? Very very soon!!!
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/ButterjackOfficial
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/butterjackmusic
INSTAGRAM : http://www.instagram.com/bullerjackMusic
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/soundslikebutterjack