• Welcome to your Wednesday edition of The Purge and welcome to ‘Another Time’, the new single from Melbourne-based pop duo Slinkee Minx. It seems as though Annemarie and Michelle have been particularly busy of late; they’ve also recently dropped a new series of remixes of their 2004 cover of Belinda Carlisle’s classic ‘Summer Rain’.
• Among the new singles going the media rounds this week are the new Judah Kelly single ‘Kingdom Come’, ‘Lose My Mind’ from Dean Lewis, Dua Lipa’s ‘New Rules’ and Morgan Evans’ ‘Kiss Somebody’, the latter of which dropped to media early yesterday morning. We’ll bring you a comprehensive wrap of the new tracks on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• To celebrate the release of her new album ‘Rocky’s Diner’, Sarah McLeod will hit the road for a dozen live shows from early October. She kicks the run of dates off at Sol Bar in Maroochydore on Thursday October 05 and will swing by Toowoomba, the Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Newcastle, Katoomba, Miranda, Frankston, Belgrave and Ballarat, before wrapping in early November in Tasmania. Tickets are on sale now.
• British India are also celebrating the release of a new album with a live tour. The band’s new album is called ‘Forgetting The Future’ and it’s due on September 22. So they’ll kick the tour proper off on that very date – at the Astor Hotel in Goulburn, New South Wales. The tour then winds its way through New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania, WA, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland (again), the Northern Territory, the ACT and New South Wales again, before wrapping up at the Governor Hindmarsh on December 15. But the band has confirmed they’ll perform a quick one-off launch show on Wednesday August 16 at Howler in Melbourne. Tickets for all dates are on sale from 9am tomorrow.
• The line-up for this year’s This That Festival in Newcastle is in… and it’s a corker! Alison Wonderland, Carmada, Golden Vessel, Motez, Paces, Tash Sultana, The Presets and The Preatures are among the slew of acts who’ll take to the stage at the November 04 event, which will take over the city’s Wickham Park. This That members get exclusive access to a pre-sale from 9am tomorrow morning, while the general public will get the chance to pick up the rest of them from 9am on Monday August 07.
• Norwegian hitmaker Cashmere Cat has confirmed that he’ll be in Australia later this year for a national tour. Most famous for his top 50 single ‘Trust Nobody’ with Selena Gomez, the producer (real name Magnus August Høiberg) will play the Metro Theatre in Sydney on November 23, The Flying Cock in Brisbane on November 24, Howler in Melbourne on November 29 and Fat Controller in Adelaide on December 01. Handsome Tours pre-sales go live from 9am tomorrow, with general public tickets on sale this Monday at 10am AEST.
• And The Jungle Giants have added another show in Adelaide to cope with demand. With their first date in the SA capital (at the Governor Hindmarsh on September 01) now sold out, they’ve added a second (at Fat Controller) the previous night. Tickets are on sale now.
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 02 : Royal Blood (Nationally)
THURSDAY AUGUST 03 : British India (Nationally)
THURSDAY AUGUST 03 : Pennywise (Nationally)
FRIDAY AUGUST 04 : The Chainsmokers (Nationally)
FRIDAY AUGUST 04 : Ben Folds (Nationally)
FRIDAY AUGUST 04 : Fuel (Nationally)
MONDAY AUGUST 07 : Cashmere Cat (Nationally)
MONDAY AUGUST 07 : A Day On The Green (Nationally)
MONDAY AUGUST 07 : This That Festival (Newcastle)
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 09 : Katy Perry (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth)