• Hello Wednesday morning and hello midweek edition of The Purge, which this week kicks off with a new single from British soul/pop songstress Paloma Faith. ‘Cry Baby’ is its name and it’s currently due to drop this Friday. Presumably that’s also when we’ll hear more details (and potentially get the preorder for) her next album ‘The Architect’.
There’s another new “reimagining” of Rod Stewart’s classic ‘Do Ya Think I’m Sexy’, this time by US outfit DNCE. Performed for the first time at the MTV VMAs over the weekend and serviced to Australian media on Monday, the new version comes almost 40 years since the original dropped, going on to top charts across the planet.
• Among the other new singles making their way out to Australia media during the week are the new Mariah Carey remix of French Montana’s chart smash ‘Unforgettable’, Angus & Julia Stone’s new single ‘Chateau’, the new Aloe Blacc track ‘King Is Born’ and ‘Firestarter’ – a new collaboration between Fedde Le Grande, Isa Corr and Shaggy. We’ll bring you our comprehensive wrap of the new songs over on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon.
• Big news from Falls Festival organisers yesterday, with confirmation that this year’s events in both Lorne and Byron Bay have officially sold out, mere hours after going on sale. That leaves punters only with the Perth and Marion Bay options to catch the amazing line-up of performers, which include Flume Peking Duk, Anna Lunoe, Vince Staples, Jungle Giants, Liam Gallagher and many more.
• Music fans in the Victorian regional city of Ballarat will be able to catch three awesome Aussie acts in their element, when Icehouse, Diesel and Taxiride take to the stage for the latest edition of the city’s Lakeside Twilights. The next show (to be held at Fairyland Reserve on Lake Wendouree) will take place on November 18; pre-sale tickets are live now, while general public tickets are on sale from 9am local time tomorrow.
• Bob Marley may no longer be with us, but he’ll be here in spirit when his band The Original Wailers make their way to Australia later this year for shows in all five main capital cities. The band will roll out the catalogue of hits and will play their iconic album ‘Legend’ in full for audiences in Perth (Astor Theatre on December 17), Adelaide (Governor Hindmarsh on December 20), Brisbane (The Tivoli on December 21), Melbourne (Prince Bandroom on December 22) and Sydney (Metro Theatre on December 23). Pre-sale tickets go live from 9am today, while general public tickets hit on Friday, September 01 at 9am local time.
THURSDAY AUGUST 31 : Field Day 2018 (Sydney)
THURSDAY AUGUST 31 : Lakeside Twilights (Ballarat)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 01 : The National (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 01 : Stevie Nicks (Sydney)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 01 : The Original Wailers (Nationally)
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 04 : Cold Chisel (Hobart)