• Hello and welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge.
Universal Music Australia has confirmed they’ll release the third studio album from UK songstress Jessie Ware towards the end of next month. Though she’s never broken through to the mainstream on the singles side of things down under, Jessie has enjoyed success on the albums chart, peaking inside the top 40 with her 2014 sophomore LP ‘Tough Love’. Lead single ‘Alone’ is available in the lead-up to the album’s release on Friday October 20.
• ‘America’s Got Talent’ winner Grace VanderWaal is set to release her debut album ‘Just The Beginning’ in early November. “So many people have worked so hard on this, and I’m beyond excited for everyone to hear it,” she says in a statement. Still just 13 years of age, Grace won the TV talent competition in September last year and has since worked with some of the biggest producers in pop on her debut long player, which will land at retail on November 03.
• Post Malone has dropped his new single ‘Rockstar’. The track follows on from his smash hit ‘Congratulations’ which, after 19 weeks, is still in the top 50 in Australia and is certified platinum. It also the next taste of Post’s upcoming sophomore long player ‘Beerbongs & Bentleys’, more details of which are expected soon.
• There’s been movement behind the scenes of ‘The Ultimate Wild Tour’, heading to capital cities this November. Fragma, DJ Sammy, Alice Deejay and Pandora (pictured) are among the acts hitting the stage in a couple of months time. But the Melbourne date has shifted from Thursday November 23 to Friday November 24. The news is markedly worse for fans in Adelaide, however, with its event, due to take place on November 24, now cancelled.
• UK outfit Pop Will Eat Itself will be in the country in March for shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. Carter USM vocalist Jim Bob will play the support role, alongside Australian outfit Caligula, who had a hit in the early ’90s with their cover of ‘Tears Of A Clown’. They play The Triffid in Brisbane on March 08, Max Watts in Melbourne on March 09, the Factory Theatre in Sydney on March 10 and the Rosemount Hotel in Perth on March 11. Metropolis pre-sales go live from 9am today, with general public tickets live at the sales desks from 9am local time on Friday.
• And the team behind the Mountain Sounds Festival have revealed their first line-up for next year’s event. As previously revealed, Grouplove are already in, as are Gang Of Youths, Hot Dub Time Machine, The Preatures, Amy Shark, The Creases, Motez, Paces, Hayden James, Hockey Dad and many more. The 2018 event will make itself at home in the Penang Gardens in Kariong on February 16 and 17. Tickets are on sale on Thursday September 28.
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 21 : Drake (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22 : Foo Fighters (Nationally)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22 : Human Nature (Yarra Valley)
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22 : Pop Will Eat Itself (Nationally)
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 25 : A Day On The Green (Nationally)
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 25 : Veruca Salt (Sydney, Melbourne)