We’re heading beyond our shores this Tuesday morning as we Get To Know Boba K, a young Ukrainian pop starlet with a hot new single.
‘Nothing Can Stop Us’ is, according to Boba K herself, “about young brave hearts who just want to live their lives to the full”.
It’s a cool, fresh pop track that we reckon you’ll dig.
Give it a play and read below to get to know Boba K a little more.
01. Name : Boba K.
02. Where are you based? London.
03. How did you get your start in music? I always knew I wanted to be a musician. Growing up I used to be the first person to be up and performing in front of my family. I had no fear and dreamed of touring the world.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Fiery, Desirous, Driven, Different… Crazy.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. Growing up I always listened to and loved rock music. Now, as an artist, I admire the roots of where that music came from and hear so many of its influences in today’s charts. My own sound is a lot more commercial and pop influenced, however it will always have elements of rock, even in its simplest form.
06. Who have been your musical influences? I have huge respect for all the greats. Nina Simone, Etta James, Donna Summer, Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson. They have all made a huge mark on the world in so many ways.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? Queen ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’. There’s no other song like it.
08. What was the first album you bought? Britney Spears’ ‘In The Zone’. I was a huge fan of ‘Toxic’.
09. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I always wanted to be a comedy actress and I kind of still do. I always wanted to recreate Marilyn Monroe as a brunette version.
10. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I’d be a doctor. Both of my parents are doctors and when I grew up I always used to pretend to be one, but with the ability to sing. I used to have all of the instruments at home but instead of them being toys, they were the real thing.
11. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? You know what, it wasn’t any advice that I was given but it was something that I came to myself. It is to only do things that you really want to do and don’t be afraid to change them. Believe in the things that you do and don’t be misled by other peoples’ opinions.
12. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Nothing Can Stop Us Now’ – I wanted to write something that wasn’t just about love but was about a desire to love to live your life the way that you want to. It’s about being strong, especially at the time when you develop your future. It’s for people like me, in their 20s who sometimes doubt what they dream of doing because of other peoples’ opinions that get in the way of what they feel in their heart.
13. What do your future plans involve? From here, I want to write music non-stop, hundreds of songs. I want writing music to open doors to bigger opportunities across the world. Hopefully that will help to inspire other people to do the same. My dream is to create a huge concert will all of the superstar artists that I love and perform a song with each of them.
14. Where can our audience catch you live? I am going to be playing some shows next year as I love to perform live. Keep an eye on all of my social pages to find out more further down the line.
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/iambobak/
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/iambobak
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/boba-k