• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge (yes, those public holidays sure make them come around quickly). We’re off and running today with news that Jessica Mauboy’s latest song ‘Then I Met You’ has been serviced to Australian media this week. It’s from the soundtrack to the second season of Channel 7’s ‘The Secret Daughter’, which is presumably slated to hit screens later this month. It’s a busy time for Jess; the album’s out, the TV show’s on its way and Jess will hit retailers across the East Coast from this weekend to sign copies of and perform songs from the soundtrack. She’ll be at Westfield Hurstville in Sydney’s south-west this Friday from 4:30pm, Watergardens Town Centre in Melbourne’s north-west this Saturday from 5pm and Orion Springfield Central in Brisbane’s south-west from midday this Sunday.
• French prodigy Petit Biscuit has confirmed that his debut album ‘Presence’ will be released on Friday November 10. It’s timely too, considering the day will also mark the artist’s 18th birthday. The album comprises a series of collaborations, including the one with Australia’s own Panama on Petit Biscuit’s latest single ‘Waterfall’ (listen HERE).
• The Mountain Sounds Festival have added a second wave of amazing artists to the 2018 bill. Safia, Touch Sensitive and more have been added to the bill, which already features the likes of Amy Shark, Hot Dub Time Machine, Grouplove, Hayden James, The Preatures and many more. The 2018 Mountain Sounds Festival takes over the Mount Penang Parklands on the NSW Central Coast on February 16 and 17. Tickets are on sale now.
• Hello FOMO sideshows! Yes, the team at FOMO have confirmed three Australian sideshows in early January from Post Malone and SZA. Post Malone, whose latest single ‘Rockstar’ hit No.1 on the ARIA singles chart over the weekend, will play at Eatons Hill Hotel in Brisbane on January 05 and at Metro City in Perth on Friday January 12. SZE, meantime, will play the Enmore in Sydney on Sunday January 14. Tickets for all three are on sale at 10am local time tomorrow morning.
• The Grampians Music Festival will hit Halls Gap in western Victoria from February 02 to 04. The 2018 line-up is set to feature Tired Lion, Polish Club, Ruby Fields, Saatsuma, Foutaineer and many more and tickets are on sale now.
• And Colin Hay will be back in the country early next year for a series of shows across the East Coast. Brisbane’s first cab off the rank, with a show at The Tivoli on January 31. It’s followed by shows in Tweed Heads (Twin Towns on Feb 01), Thirroul (Anita’s on Feb 02), Sydney (Enmore Theatre on Feb 03), Bendigo (Ulumbarra Theatre on Feb 09) and Melbourne (Recital Centre on Feb 10). Tickets are on sale at 10am local time on Monday.
THURSDAY OCTOBER 05 : Post Malone (Brisbane, Perth)
THURSDAY OCTOBER 05 : SZA (Sydney)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 06 : Porchland (Adelaide)
MONDAY OCTOBER 09 : Colin Hay (East Coast)
TUESDAY OCTOBER 10 : Macklemore (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)