• Welcome to an all-tour news edition of The Purge! And we’re kicking it off with the news that Bros… is off. The ’80s pop wondertwins were due to be in Australia next month for a one-off arena show in Sydney. It was to be the boys’ first visit to our fine shores in 27 long years. But despite the ongoing local devotion of their local fanbase, TEG Dainty said in a statement that in the end, there weren’t nearly enough ticket sales to warrant the show going ahead. Punters will receive refunds.
• The news is much better for Neil and Liam Finn, however, with confirmation of a second show as part of the recently-revealed 2018 Twilight At Taronga series. The boys’ original show on February 10 sold out within 30 minutes yesterday morning; organisers immediately adding a second show on Sunday February 11. Tickets are on sale now.
• Also clearly enjoying a great level of local support are Swedish duo First Aid Kit, who’ve added a second (and final) Melbourne sideshow to their upcoming Australian visit. Their original show at the city’s Croxton Bandroom on April 05 sold out within hours of being on sale, so they’ve added another the following night. Tickets are on sale now.
• Thievery Corporation will be back in Australia in March next year for shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. Armed with a full band, the boys will play tracks from throughout their two-decade-plus career to audiences at Metro City in Perth on March 08, the Enmore Theatre in Sydney on March 10, the Forum Theatre in Melbourne on March 11 and The Tivoli in Brisbane on March 14. Pre-sale tickets are live HERE from 9am today, before general public tickets hit from 9am local time this Friday, October 20.
• Mallrat will hit the road for an East Coast tour from early December in support of her just-released single ‘Better’. She’ll play the Black Bear Lodge in Brisbane on December 07, The Workers Club in Melbourne on December 08 and the Lansdowne Hotel in Sydney on December 09. Tickets are on sale from 9am local time today.
• Jimmy Barnes has announced an extensive tour of Australia from the middle of March. ‘Working Class Man : An Evening Of Stories & Songs’ will touch on content from Jimmy’s iconic album (a commemorative edition of which hits retailers this Friday). The tour kicks off with a double date at Anita’s Theatre in Thirroul on March 15 and 16, but will also make stops in Canberra, Devonport, Launceston (two shows), Hobart, Mudgee, Newcastle, Bathurst, Brisbane, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Bunbury, Perth, Port Pirie, Adelaide, Frankston, Geelong, Melbourne, Bendigo, Sydney, Darwin, Cairns (two shows), Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Caloundra and Grafton. A handful of pre-sales kick off at 2pm local time tomorrow before general public tickets hit the sales desk at 10am local time on Monday, October 23.
• Another exciting instalment of A Weekend In The Gardens has been locked in for Melbourne. After the first show (featuring Pail Kelly, Steve Earle and Middle Kids) sold out in record time, organisers have also dropped line-ups two (Illy, Thundamentals, Spit Syndicate and Birdz on November 18) and three (Missy Higgins, Dustin Tebbutt, All Our Exes Live In Texas and Harry Jakamarra on November 19). Tickets are on sale now.
• The Red Hot Summer tour is set to touch down at Cockatoo Island, slap bang in the middle of Sydney Harbour, for a one-off gig on Sunday February 25. John Farnham, Daryl Braithwaite, Baby Animals and the Black Sorrows (with Vika & Linda) will all perform at the show, tickets for which are on sale from 9am local time tomorrow.
• And with their festival appearances already locked and loaded, Grouplove has confirmed they’ll play headline shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane from early February. They’re slated to play The Triffid in Brisbane on February 09, Croxton Bandroom in Melbourne on February 13 and the Metro Theatre in Sydney on February 15. Pre-sales kick off HERE from 9am today before general sales go live at 9am local time tomorrow.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 18 : Hotter Than Hell (Nationally)
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 18 : Mallrat (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 18 : Midnight Oil (Fremantle)
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 18 : Angus & Julia Stone (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY OCTOBER 19 : 360 (Nationally)
THURSDAY OCTOBER 19 : Grouplove (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY OCTOBER 19 : Red Hot Summer Tour (Cockatoo Island)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 20 : Gov’t Mule (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 20 : Morcheeba (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 20 : The New Power Generation (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 20 : P!nk (Nationally)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 20 : Robert Plant & The Sensational Shapeshifters (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 20 : Thievery Corporation (Nationally)
MONDAY OCTOBER 23 : Jimmy Barnes (Nationally)
MONDAY OCTOBER 23 : Mariah Carey (Nationally)
MONDAY OCTOBER 23 : Storm Festival (Parramatta)