• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge and welcome to ‘Ruins’, the just-announced new album from Swedish duo First Aid Kit. To be released early next year, the album is the duo’s fourth and will come just a few months prior to their fast-selling headline dates in both Sydney and Melbourne. Lead single ‘Postcard’ is out now; the album lands on Friday January 19.
• Chris Isaak will be back in Australia in a couple of weeks for a promotional visit in support of his new album ‘Christmas’. He’ll be hitting up both Sydney and Melbourne from Monday November 13 through to Friday November 17 for a raft of promotional opportunities, presumably incorporating the usual suspects (breakfast TV, ‘The Project’ etc), as well as radio and other press commitments. The album ‘Christmas’ is out now.
• Robbie Williams has added extra tickets to both of his upcoming Melbourne shows to satisfy demand. The British superstar will play the city’s Rod Laver Arena on Saturday February 24 and Sunday February 25; the extra tickets for both shows are on sale now. His Mount Duneed Estate performance in Geelong is sold out, while his Sydney, Brisbane and Perth concerts are all selling fast.
• Some of Australia’s best talent is headed to Queensland’s Fraser Coast this February for a fresh new event entitled ‘By The C’. Aussie legend John Farnham will headline proceedings at the February 10 event, but he’s set to be joined by James Reyne, The Black Sorrows and Ross Wilson. Pre-sale tickets are go from 10am local time tomorrow morning, prior to general sales which kick off at 10am AEST on Friday, November 03.
• The Byron Bay edition of Falls Festival has had its capacity increased to cope with insatiable demand for tickets. An extra 2500 tickets have been added into the mix, but it’s not the only addition organisers have confirmed; Wafia, Waax, West Thebarton, Manu Crooks, Alice Ivy and Party Dozen joining the already bulging line-up. The final release of tickets for the Dec 31 – Jan 02 event are on sale from 9am AEDT tomorrow morning.
• The Beyond The Valley Festival in Gippsland, Victoria has added Pnau to their list of performers for their 2017/2018 event. Beyond The Valley will take over Lardner Park in Warragul from December 28 to January 01 and the line-up is a cracker. It includes Matt Corby, Little Dragon, The Presets, Mura Masa, Amy Shark, Cut Copy, Dean Lewis, San Cisco, The Preatures, Hayden James, Hot Dub Time Machine, George Maple and many more.
• And still on music festival news… organisers of Victoria’s Queenscliff Music Festival have confirmed that the 2017 event is now completely sold out. The star-studded event is set to take over the Victorian coastal town from November 24-26 with a huge line-up including Bernard Fanning, Yothu Yindi, Bob Evans, The Temper Trap, Xavier Rudd and many more.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 01 : Dua Lipa (Sydney, Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 01 : Golden Plains Festival (Meredith)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 02 : The Black Angels (Sydney, Melbourne)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Falls Festival (Byron Bay)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 03 : By The C (Hervey Bay)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 03 : Ministry Of Sound Reunion Tour (Sydney, Gold Coast)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 03 : Pink (Melbourne, Perth)