• Welcome to another exciting midweek edition of The Purge, our twice weekly news wrap. We’re kicking off this one with ‘You Are The Reason’, the new single from UK singer songwriter Calum Scott. You may know Calum from his hit cover of Robyn’s ‘Dancing On My Own’, which hit number two on the ARIA singles chart and hit triple platinum sales (210,000+ copies). The track immediately shot into the top five on iTunes on its release, giving us an indication that Calum may be much more than a mere one hit wonder.
• Swedish duo Galantis and young local dynamo Throttle have teamed up for a hit new collaboration called ‘Tell Me You Love Me’. The track was co-penned by Throttle alongside Aussie starlet Sarah Aarons (aka Paige IV), but was given the Galantis treatment after a push from Throttle. “I asked my label to reach out and they got back almost straight away saying they loved the idea and wanted to put their spin on it,” he explains. “I’ve always been a huge Galantis fan so it was amazing to see how guys at their level work.” It’s out now.
• Panic! At The Disco will release a new live album in the middle of December. Entitled ‘All My Friends We’re Glorious’, the album is a snapshot of the band’s ‘Death Of A Bachelor’ tour and was recorded during the live shows. It’s set to be released digitally and on a limited edition double vinyl from Friday December 15.
• With her trio of headline dates in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane next month now fully sold out, Mallrat has added a trio of all ages performances in each of the three cities early in the new year. She’ll play Foundry Records in Brisbane on January 19, followed by performances at The Lair at the Metro Theatre in Sydney on January 20 and the Evelyn Hotel in Melbourne on January 21. Tickets for the shows are on sale at 9am today.
• Mick Jenkins and The Underachievers will both be in Australia in March next year for shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. The double headline shows will see each act rolling out their tunes for audiences at Sydney’s Metro Theatre on March 24, The Triffid in Brisbane on March 25, the Prince Bandroom in Melbourne on March 27 and Capitol in Perth on March 28. A Live Nation pre-sale kicks off at 3pm today before general public tickets go on sale at 2pm local time this Friday, November 24.
• And, following on from the addition of a second Melbourne date to cope with demand, Roger Waters has confirmed extra shows in Sydney and Brisbane as part of his upcoming February tour. The new shows will take over Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney (February 03) and the Brisbane Entertainment Centre (February 07), but they’re the final shows in both cities. Tickets are on sale from 2pm local time tomorrow afternoon.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 22 : Clean Bandit (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 22 : Mallrat (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 23 : Roger Waters (Sydney, Brisbane)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24 : Boyz II Men & TLC (Sydney, Canberra)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24 : Mick Jenkins & The Underachievers (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24 : Rag ‘N’ Bone Man (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24 : RNB Vine Days (Hunter Valley, Yarra Valley, Mount Cotton)
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 29 : James Blunt (Sydney)