• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge and welcome to Australia, Texas! The Scottish outfit kicks off their first Australian tour in more than a decade in Melbourne tonight, so their label Liberation has taken the opportunity to service their latest single ‘Let’s Work It Out’ to Australian media in support. Texas play 170 Russell in Melbourne tonight before making their way to Adelaide (Governor Hindmarsh) tomorrow night, the Astor Theatre in Perth on Friday night, Sydney’s Metro Theatre on Monday night and The Triffid in Brisbane next Tuesday night.
• Other new songs in the mix at Aussie media this week include Busby Marou’s ‘Got Your Back’, Eminem’s ‘Untouchable’ in the lead-up to the release of his new album this Friday, plus Peta & The Wolves’ ‘Blind’ and Verónica Romero’s ‘Superhero’. We’ll bring you our regular comprehensive list of the newbies on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• Moby will release a new album in March. The lead single is called ‘Like A Motherless Child‘ and features the vocals of LA-based singer Raquel Rodriguez. The album, meantime, is entitled ‘Everything Was Beautiful, And Nothing Hurt’. And it’ll be out on Friday March 02.
• Beck will be back in Australia early in the new year for an appearance at the Sydney City Limits Festival in the city’s Centennial Park. But he’s confirmed two sideshows during his time on the ground. He’s set to play the Royal Theatre in Canberra on February 26 before sliding down to Melbourne for a show at Margaret Court Arena on February 28. A Live Nation pre-sale is live for seven hours from 10am AEDT tomorrow before general public tickets go on sale from 9am on Friday.
• Speaking of Sydney City Limits, organisers have added more acts to the line-up for the February 24 event. Future is locked; so too Young Thug, LDRU, Mallrat and Stella Donnelly. These named added to an already impressive list that includes Justice, Beck, Vance Joy, Phoenix, Tash Sultana, The Avalanches and many, many more. Tickets are on sale now.
• Already confirmed as the support on The xx’s upcoming East Coast tour, Earl Sweatshirt will play a Melbourne headline show next month. He’s set to play 170 Russell in the Victorian capital on Sunday January 14. Pre-sales are go from 11am AEDT today before general public sales tomorrow at midday local time.
• NYC rapper Wiki will play shows in Sydney and Melbourne from late next month. He’ll play The Lansdowne in Sydney on January 31 and The Toff In Town in Melbourne on February 01. Tickets are on sale now.
• And AB Original has been added to the line-up for the Sugar Mountain Festival in Melbourne. That’s the good news. The bad news is that J Hus’ Australian tour (and therefore his appearance at the same event) has been cancelled.
THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 : Boyz II Men / TLC (Sydney)
THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 : Kesha (Nationally)
THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 : Limp Bizkit (Sydney, Brisbane)
THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 : Orchestrated (Sydney)
THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 : RNB Vine Days (McLaren Vale)
THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 : Earl Sweatshirt (Melbourne)
THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 : TLC (Perth, Hobart)
FRIDAY DECEMBER 15 : Beck (Melbourne, Canberra)
FRIDAY DECEMBER 15 : Taylor Swift (Nationally)