• It’s looking likely that this will be our final edition of The Purge for 2017. But we’re not letting you go without giving you one more package of music news highlights. Including the aforementioned ‘Perfect Symphony’, which was serviced to Australian media late last week. It’s one of only a handful of songs serviced to Australian media this week and it’s been rolling at No.1 on the iTunes singles chart since its release.
• Naturally, we’ll bring you the other tracks serviced to Australian media in the past seven days on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow. Naturally, this will also be the final list for 2017.
• Indie outfit The Shiny will release a new album entitled ‘The Worm’s Heart’ in the middle of next month. According to their label Sony, it’s a “complete rework of their 2017 album ‘Heartworms'”. As such, the tracklisting on the new version is completely reversed and each song is given a re-tweak. It’s out on January 19.
• Great news for Melbourne fans of The xx, with confirmation of a second show in the Victorian capital to cope with unprecedented demand. With their original gig at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl already sold out, the British outfit has added a theatre show – at the Forum Theatre – on Sunday January 14. And they’ve revealed that all proceeds will be split between Heaps Decent (a youth-based arts organisation) and Minus 18 (a GLBTIQ youth organisation). Frontier pre-sales are live as we speak, with general public tickets on sale from midday local time tomorrow.
• And finally for 2017, Kip Moore and Lee Brice’s Brisbane show might have been sold out for a little while, but organisers have found a few more in their pocket for the gig at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on Saturday April 21. They’re on sale now. In fact, they may have already been snapped up!
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 20 : Circa Survive (Nationally)
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 20 : Suicidal Tendencies (Nationally)
THURSDAY DECEMBER 21 : The xx (Melbourne)