• Yes The Purge is back for 2018 and we’re kicking off your midweek edition with ‘Finesse’, the new single from Bruno Mars’ latest album ’24K Magic’. Bruno’s teamed up with Cardi B for the single release; the track already finding itself at home within the iTunes top 20. Bruno touches down for his Australian tour in early March.
• The Black Eyed Peas are back with new music; the US group dropping a new track called ‘Street Livin’ as the first song from their upcoming graphic novel ‘Masters Of The Sun’, along with an augmented reality app. According to the band’s label, “highlights four intersectional issues largely impacting communities of colour; police brutality, prison reform, gun reform and immigration”. The single is now available through all DSPs.
• The ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ franchise has another instalment on the way. And that means another soundtrack to boot. ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ will land in cinemas locally on Thursday February 08. That all-important soundtrack lands just 24 hours later – and there’s a mass of big names involved to see out the trilogy. Liam Payne and Rita Ora’s ‘For You’ has already been released, but there are new tracks from Hailee Steinfeld and BloodPop, Dua Lipa, Julia Michaels, Miike Snow, Jessie J and our very own Sia.
• Up and coming soul performer Daniel Caesar has confirmed his debut Australian performances. Now, hot on the heels of the release of his debut album ‘Freudian’, the performer will make his way down under in March for shows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. The latter is first up; a gig at 256 Wickham in the Queensland capital on March 17. From there he saunters south to the Metro Theatre in Sydney on March 18 before wrapping up his local commitments at 170 Russell in Melbourne on March 20. Tickets are on sale from 10am on Monday, January 15.
• And Playboi Carti will also make his way to Australia for his debut live performances in March, also in support of a 2017 release. He dropped his debut mixtape back in April last year, but is ready to play tracks from it for audiences in our four biggest cities, kicking off with an over 18s gig at the Forum Theatre in Melbourne on Friday March 23. From there it’s on to Perth (Metro City on March 24) and Brisbane (The Tivoli on March 28), before wrapping things up in Sydney (Enmore Theatre on March 29). A Frontier pre-sale goes live from 11am local time tomorrow ahead of general public sales from 11am local time on Monday, January 15.
• And while you have your diary out… write Saturday April 21 in it… that’s when Record Store Day will take over your favourite retailer, with exclusive offers, in-store appearances, performances and more.
MONDAY JANUARY 15 : Daniel Caesar (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
MONDAY JANUARY 15 : Playboi Carti (Nationally)