• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge. And say hello to ‘Let Me Down’, the new single from Jorja Smith. The track, which features a guest vocal by Stormzy, is starting to get traction across the planet since its release last Thursday and is well on its way to the half million views mark on YouTube alone. Take a listen to the single HERE.
• The labels are most certainly back on board this week, with a heap of new songs doing the rounds at Australian media. There’s new music for Taylor Swift, Alex Aionio, Daya, Troye Sivan, Missy Lancaster, Tigerilla, Vance Joy and many more. We’ll be bringing you the more comprehensive list on the FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• ‘Boarding House Reach’, the third solo record from Jack White, now has a release date. Preceded by new single and album opener ‘Connected By Love’, the album will contain 13 new recordings and is set to impact retail across the planet from Friday March 23.
• The Touch Bass Festival will return to Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide from late March, delivering audiences a procession of beats, house, dubstep and trap. There’s an all new lighting showcase and a great line-up of talent, many of them internationals. Tickets are ons ale from 9am local time tomorrow at www.touchbass.com.au
• A festival inside a festival! Yes, you read that correctly. Red Bull Music and I Oh You are combining to put on ‘Block Party’ a mini-festival that will take place within the confines of the Laneway Festivals across the country. The likes of Basenji, Haiku Hands, UV Boi, CC Disco and more are on the bill for the event, which will be included as part of the Laneway Festivals in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
• And it’s a big week for fans of Aussie outfit Hockey Dad. Not only are they releasing a new single entitled ‘I Wanna Be Everybody’ this Friday, but they’ve also confirmed a tour of our five largest metropolises from early March. They’re visiting Perth (Badlands on March 02), Adelaide (Governor Hindmarsh on March 03), Melbourne (Corner Hotel on March 09), Sydney (Metro Theatre on March 16) and Brisbane (Woolly Mammoth on March 17) on the tour, tickets for which are on sale tomorrow.
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 17 : Kesha (Brisbane)
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 17 : Simple Plan (East Coast)
THURSDAY JANUARY 18 : Hockey Dad (Nationally)
THURSDAY JANUARY 18 : Touch Bass (Nationally)
FRIDAY JANUARY 19 : Jake Bugg (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
FRIDAY JANUARY 19 : Limp Bizkit (Adelaide)
FRIDAY JANUARY 19 : Mastodon (Sydney, Brisbane)
MONDAY JANUARY 22 : Boyz II Men (Melbourne)
MONDAY JANUARY 22 : Sam Smith (Nationally)