• Edition 300 of The Purge is here… and so is ‘Tip Toe’, the latest single from Jason Derulo. Although the track was released back in November, it’s only just starting to hit across the world; according to his local label Warner it’s currently sitting within the top ten on Spotify in the UK and continues to gain here. Hence it’s one of the handful of tracks serviced to Australian media this week.
• Also doing the rounds at media this week are the new James Blake single ‘If The Car Beside You Moves Ahead’, a remix of Sia, David Guetta and Afrojack’s ‘Helium’, Justin Timberlake’s excellent ‘Say Something’ and ‘Strangers’, the new single from Swedish pop starlet Sigrid. We’ll bring you our comprehensive weekly wrap of the new tunes doing the rounds at Aussie media on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• Now that his appearance on ‘I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here’ has been confirmed and with his new album due in the shops this Friday, Shannon Noll has dropped another single from it, ‘Land Of Mine’. He’s also delivered a lyric video for the new song; a clip that, according to Shannon himself, features some amazing memories. “The lyric video is special to me as it contains a lot of family photographs and goes through some of my favourite personal moments over the years,” he reveals. “There are photographs of me as a youngster through to fun times with my own three kids, so it was quite a touching experience helping to put it together.” The album ‘Unbroken’ is out on Friday.
• ’70s outfit the Bay City Rollers will be in Australia in July and August this year for shows across the country. The band will roll out their cavalcade of top ten hits (including ‘Love Me Like I Love You’, ‘Money Honey’, ‘Rock And Roll Love Letter’, ‘It’s A Game’, ‘I Only Want To Be With You’, ‘Give A Little Love’ and their No.1 hit ‘Bye Bye Baby’) for audiences in cities, suburbs and regional centres across the country, kicking off with a show at the Southern Cross Club in Canberra on Wednesday July 11. Tickets are on pre-sale from 9am local time today before general public tickets hit the sales desk this Friday, also from 9am local time.
• And Sydney power pop outfit Rackett have confirmed they’re hitting the road to celebrate the release of their punchy new single ‘Alive’. Fresh off the back of their appearance at Oz Fest on the Gold Coast over the weekend, the band will play headline shows in Brisbane, Byron Bay, Coogee, Wetherill Park, Wollongong, Melbourne, Frankston, Manly, Sydney, Emu Plains, Gold Coast, Wollongong (again), Newcastle and a further two dates in Sydney, along with their appearances at the Hotter Than Hell festivals in both Adelaide and Ipswich. Tickets are on sale now.
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 01 : Imagine Dragons (Nationally)
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 02 : Bay City Rollers (Nationally)
MONDAY FEBRUARY 05 : APIA Good Times Tour (Nationally)