• Welcome to your Valentine’s Day edition of The Purge, which is brimming with heaps of music news, tour information and your ticketing details!
• Although Kylie Minogue won’t be able to make the trek for next month’s 40th anniversary edition of the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras, she’s not going to be leaving her local lovers wanting. She’s releasing a special deluxe goody bag consisting of her new album ‘Golden’, plus a limited edition t-shirt and a special CD single pressing of lead single ‘Dancing’. Residents of Australia and New Zealand can either pick their t-shirt order up on Fair Day this Sunday or choose to have it posted out.
• Things certainly seem to have been ramping up of action on Delta Goodrem’s social media accounts over the past few days… could it be that we may have a new single to call our own before too long? We’ll let you think about that for the time being.
• Gold Coast native Casey Barnes has returned with his new single ‘Ain’t Coming Home’. The track, the lead single from his forthcoming album ‘The Good Life’, was co-penned and produced by the boys from MSquared Productions in Melbourne and has been described as a “feel good party track”. The single is set for release at digital service providers from this Friday, the same time the album pre-orders go live. Look for the album on Friday March 09.
• The Sydney and Melbourne dates on Aminé’s recently announced Australian tour sold out within minutes of going on sale last Friday, so Live Nation has had no option but to add second gigs in both cities. The Portland native will now play a second show at the Metro Theatre in Sydney on Wednesday May 02 as well as a second show at Melbourne’s Max Watt’s on Monday May 14. Tickets to both new dates are on sale from midday today.
• Jacob Collier will be in Australia in late April for the first time ever and is celebrating with shows in both Sydney and Melbourne. He’s been described as one of the most “innovative musicians of his generation” and will showcase his talents at The Basement in Sydney on Monday April 30 and at Howler in Melbourne on Tuesday May 01. Tickets for both shows are on sale from 10am AEDT this morning.
• Aussie legend Ian Moss has confirmed a run of intimate acoustic solo shows across NSW and Victorian regional areas from the start of August. The shows are in support of in support of his upcoming self-titled solo album, due for release on Friday March 09 and are in addition to the dates already announced in capital cities throughout June and July. Tickets for all 24 regional dates are on sale now.
• Queensland’s Big Pineapple Festival is back, bigger and better than ever in 2018. And organisers have just dropped their line-up for this year’s event, which will take over the town of Woombye on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday May 26. Among those ready to take the stage include The Preatures, Dune Rats, Illy, Allday, Hayden James, Cub Sport, Violent Soho, Northeast Party House, Tire Lion, Kira Puru, Crooked Colours and many more. Tickets are on sale from 9am AEST tomorrow morning.
• Also announcing their line-up this week are organisers of the Grove Is In The Heart festival in Victoria’s Ocean Grove. The one day festival will launch on Saturday March 31 (that’s Easter Saturday) in Ocean Grove Park, delivering a cracking line-up of talent headlined by The Church and Adalita. Tickets are on sale now and further information is available via their FACEBOOK page.
• And Alex The Astronaut will team up with Stella Donnelly for a co-headlining jaunt across the country from the middle of April. Their tour kicks off at the Northern Hotel in Byron Bay on Thursday April 12 before making stops on the Gold Coast (Soundlounge on April 13), in Maroochydore (Sol Bar on April 15), Sydney (Oxford Art Factory on April 19), Fremantle (Arts Centre on April 20), Margaret River (The River on April 21), Adelaide (Rocket Bar on April 22), Hobart (Republic Bar on April 24), Melbourne (Corner Hotel on April 26), Ballarat (Karova Lounge on April 27) and Bendigo (Tap House on April 28). The duo will also perform in Brisbane at the Cultural Centre Forecourt on April 14 as part of the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games festivities.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 14 : Aminé (Sydney, Melbourne)
WENDESDAY FEBRUARY 14 : Jacob Collier (Sydney, Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 14 : Machine Gun Kelly (Nationally)
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 15 : Alex The Astronaut/Stella Donnelly (Nationally)
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 15 : Big Pineapple Festival (Sunshine Coast)
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 15 : Tonight Alive (Nationally)
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 16 : Jimmy Barnes (Chatswood, Penrith)
MONDAY FEBRUARY 19 : Celine Dion (Nationally)
MONDAY FEBRUARY 19 : Bill Murray, Jan Vogler & Friends (Nationally)