We get to know Aurelia this morning; the Aussie songstress has recently dropped her second ever single, ‘Chest’.
Aurelia dropped the track earlier this month and a music video is not too far away.
So in the meantime, let’s check out her answers to our pressing questions in our latest Get To Know feature.
01. Name : Aurelia.
02. Where are you based? Between Brisbane and Melbourne.
03. How did you get your start in music? I just had a feeling that I had to go to LA even though I wasn’t sure of how I would find the right people or get through the doors… I just knew I had to go. So I did and one connection led to another.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Free, Connected, Intuitive, Visceral, Evocative.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I don’t come from a musical background, so my tried and true formula for finding my way to what I want in my sound is to follow the feelings. I’m always on the lookout for that sound.. or that instrument.. or that harmony that makes you feel the same thing that the sentiment of the song is saying.
06. What’s your earliest musical memory? Sitting on the speakers at home after school listening to Roy Orbison.. I must have been only five or six.
07. Who have been your musical influences? Carole King, Sade, Roy Orbison, Madonna, The Eagles, Jewel, Alanis Morissette, Michael Jackson, Nat King Cole.
08. What are your favourite songs of all time? ‘Streets Of Philadelphia’ – Bruce Springsteen, ‘So Far Away’ – Carole King, ‘Roads’ – Portishead!
09. Where’s your favourite place to listen to music? The shower…. I looove doing that.
10. Who are your go-to artists when you’re feeling : Happy? Lauryn Hill. Sad? The National. Introspective? Sade. Exhausted? The National hahaha.
11. What was the first album you ever bought? Michael Jackson – ‘History’.
12. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I can spend a week rearranging my room until it’s perfect!
13. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? Martial arts.
14. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? To focus on the music.
15. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? Amelia Warner.. Cause well.. You know.. Her husband..
16. Tell us about your latest release. I wrote ‘Chest’ when I got to the other side of a really hard break up. It took me a couple of years to be able to remember the beauty as well as the pain.
Recording it was one of my favourite things that has ever happened!! I think it was especially sweet because I had been told repeatedly I couldn’t make my music the way I wanted, and then I did.. and I love it.
17. What do your future plans involve? Next is the video for ‘Chest’ which I caaaan’t wait to release!! And then I will be focused on live shows with a couple more releases in the pipeline!!
18. Where can our audience catch you live? I have a few live shows coming up that haven’t been announced yet, but I will definitely be broadcasting them when they do!
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/aureliastarbaby/
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/aureliastarbaby/
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/aureliastarbaby
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/aurelia1111
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channelUCCVL1c3j4HTsOjFyamdFB2Q