• This is your midweek edition of The Purge and this (above) is ‘Signs’, the new single from Melbourne singer songwriter Chris Watts which was serviced to Australian media this week. Chris’ star continues to rise; he supported Sir Elton John in Melbourne last year and recently supported Robbie Williams on his ‘A Day On The Green’ date. ‘Signs’ is out on Friday March 23.
• Other new songs at media this week include P!nk’s ‘Whatever You Want’, the new Portugal The Man single ‘Whatever You Want’, Logic & Marshmello’s ‘Every Day’, Meghan Trainor’s ‘No Excuses’, plus ‘Without You’ from Greg Gould and Christine Anu. Check out our FACEBOOK page, give us a little like and we’ll be sure to pop a listing of the new songs at media live tomorrow afternoon just for you.
• DJ Khaled is back with a new single called ‘Top Off’. As Khaled puts the finishing touches on his upcoming eleventh studio album, he dropped the new single late last week as a little teaser of things to come – and it features the superstar stylings of Jay Z, Future and Beyoncé.
• New Zealand singer songwriter Marlon Williams’ upcoming Australian tour has grown, with confirmation of a second show in Melbourne. Marlon’s first date at the Forum Theatre in the Victorian capital on May 12 has already sold out; the new date taking place more than a month after the first (Friday June 22). A Frontier pre-sale kicks off tomorrow from 2pm AEDT, with general public tickets on sale from 10am AEDT on Tuesday March 13.
• Kate Miller-Heidke, Ella Hooper, Wendy Matthews, Kristin Berardi and Rachel Gaudry are teaming up to pay homage to the music of the great Joni Mitchell in performances in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. The ‘Both Sides Now’ concerts will take place at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall on Sunday July 15, Hamer Hall in Melbourne on July 17 and the QPAC Concert Hall in Brisbane on July 18. “The music of Joni Mitchell was a formative influence for me,” Kate Miller-Heidke reveals. “Discovering the album ‘Blue’ at age 14 changed my life. I might not have become a songwriter without it. I can’t wait to revisit some of these songs that mean so much to me, in the company of some rather fabulous women.” Pre-sales are already live, but general public tickets are on sale this Monday, March 12.
• And with their latest single ‘Chateau’ hitting platinum recently, things are obviously doing rather well for Angus & Julia Stone. The good news continues too, with the addition of new shows in Sydney and Melbourne to their upcoming national tour. They’ve now added a gig at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney on Monday May 14 and one at the Forum Theatre in Melbourne on Sunday May 20 on a tour which looks set to be a monster. They’ve already sold out their shows in Brisbane, Rockhampton, Mackay, Cairns, Wollongong, Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney (two shows sold out), Bendigo, Geelong, Melbourne, Hobart and Fremantle.
WEDNESDAY MARCH 07 : Missy Higgins (Nationally)
WEDNESDAY MARCH 07 : Stereophonics (Nationally)
FRIDAY MARCH 09 : Vance Joy (Sydney, Perth, Adelaide)
MONDAY MARCH 12 : Both Sides Now (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
TUESDAY MARCH 13 : Marlon Williams (Melbourne)