• Welcome to your Wednesday edition of The Purge. And this week we’re kicking things off with the new single from Jason Derulo, ‘Colors’. Co-penned by the R&B superstar, the track is Coca Cola’s official anthem for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. “I was honored to work with Coca-Cola to create an anthem celebrating every team and their fans,” Jason explains. “‘Colors’ represents the different flags and cultures from around the world, and will get everyone moving to a unifying beat. I’m excited to finally tell the world about this partnership as the excitement builds for the FIFA World Cup.”
• Among the other new singles making their way to Australian media this week include Jess Mauboy’s Eurovision entry ‘We Got Love’, Matt Gresham’s new track ‘Home’, Lorde’s ‘Supercut’ and the new Taylor Swift single ‘Delicate’. Shoot across to our FACEBOOK page and keep your eyes peeled tomorrow afternoon when we’ll bring you a more comprehensive wrap of the new tunes doing the rounds at media.
• Can it really be 15 years since Jet first exploded onto the Australian music scene with their debut album ‘Get Born’? Seemingly so, as they’re off on a national tour to celebrate the milestone and will play the album in full for the very first time at each of the seven gigs. The run of dates kicks off at NEX in Newcastle on May 29 and will then stop in Sydney (Enmore Theatre on May 31), Canberra (UC Refectory on June 02), Brisbane (The Tivoli on June 04), Perth (Metro City on June 07), Adelaide (Thebarton Theatre on June 09) and Melbourne (Forum Theatre on June 11). A Telstra Thanks pre-sale runs from 11am today until 11am on Friday, General public tickets are then live from 10am on Monday March 19.
• Hip hop artist Night Lovell will be in Australia for his first ever live shows from late next month. He’ll be performing tracks from his albums ‘Concept Vague’ and ‘Red Teenage Melody’ to audiences in Perth (Capitol on April 28), Sydney (Metro Theatre on May 01), Brisbane (The Backroom on May 02) and Melbourne (170 Russell on May 04). He’ll also be previewing tracks from his new album project, due soon. Tickets are on sale from 11am local time on Monday March 19.
• And the Howling Moon Festival will take over Port Macquarie on Sunday June 10 to showcase the best in home grown blues music. The event will be held at Black Duck Brewery and will also include a dedicated VIP viewing area for a select few in a vintage lounge. Tickets are on sale now.
FRIDAY MARCH 16 : Michael Bolton (Nationally)
MONDAY MARCH 19 : Jet (Nationally)
MONDAY MARCH 19 : Night Lovell (Nationally)
MONDAY MARCH 19 : Wild Nights (Nationally)