• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge, with news that ‘Revamp’ isn’t the only Elton John covers collection we’ll be seeing in 2018. As the legendary singer prepares for his final ever world tour, some of country music’s biggest names will lend their talents to an album of covers entitled ‘Restoration’. Miley Cyrus, Don Henley, Vince Gill, Dolly Parton Miranda Lambert, Willie Nelson and more will pay tribute on the new LP, due for release on Friday April 06.
• The Curve Ball is back in 2018 as part of the Vivid Sydney festival. And the line-up for the June 16 event (at Carriageworks) is a cracker; Alison Wonderland, Vera Blue, Crooked Colours, Haiku Hands, Kira Puru and E^st are among the acts who’ll be taking to the stage this year. Best you be quick to nab tickets, which are on sale at midday AEDT tomorrow.
• And St Vincent is also performing as part of the Vivid line-up, with a one-off show announced for Sunday June 17. She’ll also be performing at Carriageworks, playing songs from her most recent album ‘Masseduction’, which dropped late last year. Tickets are on sale now.
• US outfit Pvris will be back in Australia in the middle of the year to perform shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. They will, of course, be performing tracks from their 2017 LP ‘All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell’ (along with previous songs) for audiences at the Governor Hindmarsh in Adelaide on Wednesday June 13, the Metro Theatre in Sydney on June 15, The Triffid in Brisbane on June 16 and 170 Russell in Melbourne on June 17. Live Nation pre-sale tickets are currently available, ahead of general public tickets, which are live at 1pm tomorrow.
• The lads from British India will also hit the road through the middle of the year, though their tour kicks off a little earlier (May 11 at Tap House in Bendigo) and is a lot more extensive (dates in Frankston, Wollongong, Narrabeen, Belgrave, Ballarat, Melbourne, Geelong, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney and Adelaide follow through to July 06). Tickets for these shows are on sale now.
• And celebrated Australian songstress Diana Anaid will hit the road from late next month in support of her recently-released single ‘Better Girl’. The run of dates kicks off with an album launch party at the Nimbin Bush Theatre on Friday April 20 ahead of shows across the East Coast. Tickets are on sale now.
THURSDAY MARCH 22 : Curve Ball (Sydney)
THURSDAY MARCH 22 : Pvris (Nationally)
THURSDAY MARCH 22 : Tired Lion (Nationally)