• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge, which we’re kicking off this Wednesday with Zayn’s new single ‘Let Me’. As you’re well aware, the new single dropped globally last Thursday night Australian time, giving us our first taste of new solo product from the former One Direction star in 2018. It was serviced to Australian media on Friday morning.
• It’s one of a handful of new singles making their way to Australian media in the past week. Missy Higgins’ new track ‘Cemetery’ is out there; so too the two new Nicki Minaj tracks, along with Sheppard’s ‘Riding The Wave’, Vassy’s ‘Somebody New’ and the title track from 5 Seconds Of Summer’s upcoming third studio album ‘Youngblood’. As always, we’ll be over on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow with a comprehensive list of the new tracks to media.
• Aussie dance duo Carmada are back with a new groove, dropping their new single ‘Ready For It’ at the end of last week. The pair (LDRU and Yahtzel) were last week confirmed as part of the line-up for this year’s Splendour In The Grass. No doubt they’ll be dropping a few other new treats for the Byron audience.
• Lil Dicky’s upcoming Australian tour looks like being a bonafide smash, with a venue upgrade to his Sydney show and a second concert added in Melbourne to cope with demand. The US performer’s visit comes hot on the heels of his top five smash ‘Freaky Friday’, which maintained position at No.4 on the ARIA singles chart over the weekend. Dicky’s Sydney date (on July 13) was due to hit the Enmore Theatre, but has been shifted to the larger Hordern Pavilion to cope with demand. Tickets for his Forum Theatre show in Melbourne on Jul5 15, meantime, are selling like hotcakes, prompting Frontier to add a second date the following night. Tickets for the new Melbourne show are on pre-sale from 11am AEST today, with general public tickets live at 11am AEST on Friday.
• And Brisbane outfit Dead Letter Circus have confirmed they’ll hit the road from late next month for shows in our five main capitals in support of their latest single ‘The Armour You Own’. The track is due to arrive at digital retailers this Friday; the same day as tickets for the dates go on sale (9am). They’ll play the Corner Hotel in Melbourne on May 31, Jive Bar in Adelaide on June 01, Rosemount Hotel in Perth on June 02, Mojo’s in Fremantle on June 03, The Zoo in Brisbane on June 08 and Bald Faced Stag in Sydney on June 10.
THURSDAY APRIL 19 : Splendour In The Grass (Byron Bay)
FRIDAY APRIL 20 : Dead Letter Circus (Nationally)
FRIDAY APRIL 20 : Foreigner (Nationally)
FRIDAY APRIL 20 : Lil Dicky (Melbourne)