• It’s your midweek edition of The Purge and… Backstreet’s back! Yes, the Backstreet Boys will release a new single this Friday, entitled ‘Don’t Go Breaking My Heart’. The boys revealed the news (and the cover image, above) on their socials early yesterday ahead of the release of the track this Friday.
• It’s been a big week as far as big new releases to Australian media is concerned and no doubt the Backstreet Boys will join the cavalcade as of later this week. Among the songs battling for airplay across the country this week are the new Client Liaison single ‘Survival In The City’, Selena Gomez’ new single ‘Back To You’, Peking Duk’s ‘Fire’ and ‘Arizona’, Meghan Trainor’s ‘Let You be Right’, as well as new tracks from Hopium, Xavier Rudd, Pnau, Rita Ora and ‘Monsters’ by Finland’s Eurovision entrant Saara Aalto. We’ll keep you posted with all the newbies on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon.
• Legendary performer Bob Dylan will tour Australia in August. The iconic singer songwriter will take a trip down memory lane through his catalogue of more than 50 albums with audiences in all five main capital cities, along with shows in Newcastle and Wollongong. The tour kicks off at Perth Arena on August 08 before moving on to Adelaide’s Botanic Park (under the Grand Marquee on August 11), Margaret Court Arena in Melbourne (August 13), Sydney’s ICC Theatre (August 18), the WIN Entertainment Centre in Wollongong (August 20) and Newcastle Entertainment Centre (August 22) before it all wraps up at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on August 24. A Chugg Entertainment pre-sale kicks off at 9am local time on Monday May 21, before general tickets go live from 9am local time on Wednesday May 23.
• Tickets for Golden Features’ upcoming tour are seemingly selling rather well, particularly in Melbourne, where he’s already sold out his first show at the city’s Forum Theatre. Naturally, the team at Secret Sounds wants to make sure that you have the chance to see him if you wish, so they’ve added a second show at the same venue – on Sunday August 26. Tickets are on sale now.
• One Electric Day will return to the grounds of Werribee Park in Melbourne on Sunday November 25. And once again, organisers have rolled out a host of big names. But they don’t come much bigger than Australian music icon Jimmy Barnes. He’ll be joined by The Angels, Ian Moss, Jon Stevens, Richard Clapton and Thirsty Merc for the one day event, tickets for which are on sale at 11am this Friday, May 18.
• In more tour news, Californian emcee Li Xan has announced a pair of headline shows when he’s in the country for Splendour In The Grass in July. He’s ready to hit the stage at Festival Hall in Melbourne on Friday July 20 and will then head north for a gig at the Enmore in Sydney on Sunday July 22. Pre-sale tickets go live from 9am tomorrow before general tickets hit the sales desk at 9am local time on Friday, May 18.
• Osaka Monorail will be back in Australia in November for shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. They’ve not been down under since 2014, so tickets will undoubtedly be in hot demand. You’ll find them playing The Triffid in Brisbane (November 15), the Factory Theatre in Sydney (November 18), Caravan Club in Melbourne (November 20), the Prince Of Wales in St Kilda (November 21), Nightcat in Fitzroy (November 22) and Governor Hindmarsh in Adelaide (November 25). Tickets are on sale at 10am tomorrow morning.
WEDNESDAY MAY 16 : Hayden James (Nationally)
THURSDAY MAY 17 : Cheap Trick (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY MAY 17 : Neck Deep (Nationally)
THURSDAY MAY 17 : Osaka Monorail (Nationally)
THURSDAY MAY 17 : Regina Spektor (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY MAY 18 : Cher (Nationally)
FRIDAY MAY 18 : One Electric Day (Melbourne)
FRIDAY MAY 18 : Li Xan (Sydney, Melbourne)
MONDAY MAY 21 : Wolf Alice (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
WEDNESDAY MAY 23 : Bob Dylan (Nationally)