• Welcome to your Wednesday serve of The Purge, which we’re kicking off this week with incredible news for the boys from 5 Seconds Of Summer. No doubt you’ll be aware that they premiered at No.1 on the ARIA albums chart over the weekend with their latest long player ‘Youngblood’, becoming the first Australian act to top the singles and albums charts simultaneously since Gotye back in 2011. But the good news doesn’t end there. They’re also debuting at No.1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in the US, becoming the first act in Billboard history to have their first three albums all make it to No.1. Huge congratulations to the chaps on two incredible chart feats.
• Disco fans rejoice… Nile Rodgers and Chic are back with a new single and, in just a couple of months, a new album too! ‘Till The World Falls’ is out now and features vocals by Mura Masa, Cosha and Vic Mensa. It’s the lead single from the album ‘It’s About Time’ which, as the title suggests, has been just a few years in the making. Well, 25 years to be precise. “I’ve had the great privilege of producing some of the most important artists in the world so when it came time to collaborating for my own record the barometer was shall we say pretty high,” Nile teases about the new long player, which will land at retailers across the planet on Friday September 14.
• New songs at media this week include Starley’s ‘Love Is Love’, a re-service of Casey Barnes’ ‘Be Mine’, plus new singles for Cheat Codes x Little Mix, Noah Kahan and more. Check out our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon for a more comprehensive list of the newbies.
• Hayden James has added an Adelaide date to his upcoming national tour. Due to popular demand (and with his latest single ‘Just Friends’ still doing big business on the ARIA singles chart), the Sydney-based producer has confirmed he’ll play Bonython Hall in the South Australian capital on Saturday September 22. Tickets are on sale now.
• Ball Park Music and San Cisco are joining forces for a run of dates across major centres from early September. After kicking things off with a show at Festival Hall in Melbourne on September 07, the bands will touch down in Brisbane (Riverstage on September 08), Wollongong (Uni Hall on September 14), Newcastle (NEX on September 15), Canberra (UC Refectory on September 21), Sydney (Luna Park Big Top on September 22), Fremantle (Arts Centre on October 06), Perth (Astor Theatre on October 07), Adelaide (Thebarton Theatre on October 19), Ballarat (City Oval on October 20) and Hobart (The Goods Shed on October 24). Fan club pre-sales kick off on Friday, with general tickets live from 9am on Monday.
• 360 is hitting the road for an extensive regional tour throughout August, September and October in support of his most recent album ‘Vintage Modern’. Kicking off at Karova Lounge in Ballarat on August 22, the tour will make stops in Bendigo, Geelong, Frankston, Coffs Harbour, Terrigal, Newcastle, Miranda, Jindabyne, Canberra, Wollongong, Albury, Darwin, Alice Springs, Geraldton, Fremantle, Bunbury, Dunsborough, Gold Coast, Noosa, Ipswich and Byron Bay and Hobart, before proceedings wrap with a show at Club 54 in Launceston on Saturday October 06. Tickets are on sale now.
• Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite have added a one-off club show in Brisbane as part of their upcoming Australian visit. The duo will take over the stage of The Tivoli on Friday July 20, performing tracks from their latest album ‘No Mercy In This Land’. Tickets are on sale at 11am today.
• The Red Hot Summer Tour is go again for 2019, with another stellar line-up of talent ready to take to stages across the country in January. Next year’s series of shows will be headed by Jimmy Barnes, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and The Living End, with Diesel, Richard Clapton and Chocolate Starfish also set to appear. The shows will hit Mary Ann Reserve in Mannum SA on January 12, Sandalford Wines in the Swan Valley WA on January 13, Mornington Racecourse in Victoria on January 19, the Launceston Country Club Lawns on January 26, North Gardens in Ballarat on January 27, Roche Estate in the NSW Hunter Valley on February 02, Bella Vista Farm in Baulkham Hills NSW on February 02 and the Sandstone Point Hotel in Bribie Island QLD on Saturday February 09. Tickets are on sale from 9am AEST tomorrow.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 27 : Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite (Brisbane)
THURSDAY JUNE 28 : Florence & The Machine (Nationally)
THURSDAY JUNE 28 : Red Hot Summer Tour 2019 (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 29 : Bon Jovi (Nationally)
FRIDAY JUNE 29 : Childish Gambino (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth)
FRIDAY JUNE 29 : This That Festival (Newcastle)
MONDAY JULY 02 : Ball Park Music/San Cisco (Nationally)
WEDNESDAY JULY 04 : Hotter Than Hell (Nationally)