We get to know Naomi Sequeira, a young artist out of Sydney who’s recently dropped her first ‘Piece Of Me’.
Fans of the Disney Channel may recognise her as the co-host of ‘Hanging With Adam And Naomi’ or from a starring role in the TV series ‘The Evermoor Chronicles’ or her appearance on ABC’s ‘Rake’.
But she’s much more than an acting talent, as this EP of hers suggests.
So let’s get to know Naomi Sequeira a little more in our latest feature.
01. Name : Naomi Sequeira.
02. Where are you based? Sydney, Australia.
03. How did you get your start in music? High school! I actually auditioned for a musical in year 10 and ended up getting the lead role. Funnily enough at the time I wanted to become an athlete but after the whole experience I fell in love with the arts and from there a seed was planted to pursue music and acting.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Youthful, fun, honest, magical & whimsical.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I’m still growing as an artist and my sound is still developing so I’m constantly being inspired everyday by life, cultures and musicians. I thought for the time being it would be a good idea to release just a ‘Piece Of Me’… something that speaks to me now and what I’m proud of.
06. What’s your earliest musical memory? Performing at my high school’s first musical.
07. Who have been your musical influences? I don’t really have specific musical influences, however I really look up to Lady Gaga as an artist. She’s an incredible, hardworking, unique individual. I love her! She uses her voice and platform for the right intentions. She creates powerful music from the heart and has completely evolved from her first album (‘The Fame’ – which is one of my all time favs). I also admire that she’s pursuing both acting and music. So exciting!
08. What are your favorite songs of all time? ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – QUEEN, ‘Bitter Sweet Symphony’ – The Verve, ‘Kings & Queens’ – 30 Seconds To Mars, ‘Vienna’ – Billy Joel.
09. Where’s your favorite place to listen to music? In the car! Ahh the best, when you’re driving along the coast.
10. Who are your go-to artists when you’re feeling: Happy? Queen / Lady Gaga / MJ.
Sad? Bruno Mars / Hannah Montana (fuck yea).
Introspective? Nick Drake / Stevie Nicks.
Exhausted? Billie Eilish.
11. What was the first album you ever bought? TBH, I actually don’t know, but most likely ‘Hannah Montana 2 / Meet Miley Cyrus’ – Still my jam hehe…
12. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I wear socks and thongs all year round mate! Total fashionista right here…
13. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? Acting! Which it is! Hehe.
14. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Always be who you are because you’ll always have haters but more importantly you’ll always have people who love & respect you for who you truly are – Being yourself is so important not just in this industry but for your own self & happiness
15. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? Probably Camila Cabello!
16. Tell us about your latest release. My ‘Piece Of Me’ EP is raw, young, fresh and groovy and that’s what makes it special. I’ve been wanting to release music for a long time now and finally had the courage to do so at the end of 2017. You can expect fun funky pop beats, alongside heart felt lyrics about personal experiences I’ve had in this past year. I hope that people can connect with my music & feel good when they listen to it.
17. What do your future plans involve? More writing, new music and a heck load of shows!
WEBSITE : http://www.naomisequeira.com/
FACEBOOK : https://web.facebook.com/OfficialNaomiSequeira
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/naomisequeira
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/cheeky_munki
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/naomi-sequeira-816828865
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/user/Smiiletoomuch