• Welcome to your Wednesday edition of The Purge, which we begin by telling you about the fact that Bob’s back. Bob Evans, that is. Yes, the local favourite’s new single ‘Drowning’ impacted Australian media yesterday, while his label EMI also confirmed the release of his upcoming best-of ‘Full Circle’. The double disc greatest hits package (due October 05) has also prompted Bob to confirm a national tour. It kicks off at Black Bear Lodge in Brisbane on October 19, Leadbelly in Newtown on October 20, Governor Hindmarsh in Adelaide on October 26, the Rosemount Hotel in Perth on October 27 and the Northcote Social Club in Melbourne on November 03. Tickets are on sale now.
• Among the new songs doing the rounds at media this week are the new Bob Evans track mentioned above, Nicole Millar’s newbie ‘All My Issues’, a new 2018 rework of Yothu Yindi’s classic ‘Treaty’ (with Gavin Campbell and Baker Boy), plus new songs from Maggie Rogers, The Wolfe Brothers, NF, John Butler Trio and more. Keep your eyes peeled on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon for our more comprehensive list.
• The team from RocKwiz will be back on the road later this year for a Revue tour. Julia, Brian and the gang will play for audiences across the country from mid November. The all important dates are : Newcastle (Nov 16 at the Civic Theatre), Wollongong (Nov 17 at Anita’s Theatre), Canberra (Nov 19 at Canberra Theatre), Sydney (Nov 20 at the Enmore Theatre), Adelaide (Nov 22 at the Thebarton Theatre), Melbourne (Nov 23 at the Palais Theatre), Geelong (Nov 24 at Costa Hall), Bendigo (Nov 25 at Ulumbarra Theatre), Fremantle (Dec 01 at Fremantle Prison), Bunbury (Dec 02 at Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre) and the Gold Coast (Dec 08 at the Convention & Exhibition Centre). Tickets for all dates are on sale from midday local time this Friday, August 10.
• Thundamentals have confirmed they’ll release a new album called ‘I Love Songs’ on September 21. So to celebrate, they’re hitting the road for a national tour. The boys’ run of dates kicks off at the Forum Theatre in Melbourne on November 10. Then it’s on to Brisbane (The Tivoli on Nov 23), Hobart (The Goods Shed on Nov 30), Sydney (Enmore Theatre on Dec 01), Adelaide (HQ on Dec 07) and Fremantle (Arts Centre on Dec 08). Tickets are on sale from their WEBSITE from Monday.
• The 2019 Ultra Festival is locked. We recently confirmed that the festival would impact Melbourne on February 23 and Sydney on February 24, but now the venues are also confirmed; Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne and Parramatta Park in Sydney. Beyond that, tickets for the events are on sale from 10am AEST tomorrow! Line-up coming soon.
• And Donavon Frankenreiter will be in Australia for shows across the East Coast this November. He’ll perform for audiences at the Coogee Bay Hotel on November 20, The Northern in Byron Bay on November 21, Shark Bar on the Gold Coast on November 22, Woolly Mammoth in Brisbane on November 23 and the Narrabeen RSL in Sydney on November 25. A performance at the Queenscliff Music Festival in Victoria is also locked in. General public tickets are on sale from 1pm this Friday, August 10.
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 08 : RL Grime (Nationally)
THURSDAY AUGUST 09 : Ultra Festival (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY AUGUST 10 : Anne-Marie (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY AUGUST 10 : Donavon Frankenreiter (East Coast)
FRIDAY AUGUST 10 : RocKwiz (Nationally)
MONDAY AUGUST 13 : Red Hot Summer Tour (Baulkham Hills)
MONDAY AUGUST 13 : Thundamentals (Nationally)