• We’re kicking your midweek edition of The Purge off with news about the official cast recording of ‘Pretty Woman : The Musical’. Based on the movie smash starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts, the musical has been playing to packed houses on Broadway in New York City. This release features 20 songs recorded by that original cast, including lead single ‘I Can’t Go Back’, which is available as a grat track with the album pre-order. Look for the LP landing at all digital retailers from Friday September 21.
• Jason Singh is back with new music. The frontman of Aussie outfit Taxiride will soon release a new album entitled ‘Vale’, on which he’ll pay tribute to some of the greatest artists of all time, many of which we’ve lost in recent years. “This is an album I wanted to make for me,” Jason reveals. “A tribute to all the artists I’ve loved in my life; that inspired me to be a musician and who have made me the person I am today. These artists have been my constant companions in life, a lot of them have now left us, but they’ve also also left us with an amazing legacy to be celebrated.” Watch his video explaining the concept HERE.
• Eskimo Joe frontman Kav Temperley will step into the solo sphere, with the release of his upcoming album ‘All Your Devotion’. At the same time Kav confirmed the new long player (along with the release of lead single ‘Polyanna’, he’s also announced a national tour in support. The run of dates kicks off at The Milk Factory in Brisbane on October 05 and shifts through the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Fremantle, Margaret River and, finally, Bunbury (Prince Of Wales on November 03). Tickets are on sale now, the album lands digitally and on vinyl on September 28.
• US rockers Queens Of The Stone Age will be in Australia in just a couple of weeks for their national tour. But they’re not done with their live dates just yet, announcing they’ll play an intimate one off show at Mona in Hobart on Monday September 03. That’s the night before their original Hobart show at the Derwent Entertainment Centre. Tickets for the Mona show are on sale from 4pm AEST tomorrow.
• Melburnians will have the chance to party into the new year in style, with a little help from Carl Cox. The internationally acclaimed DJ has announced he’ll be on the decks at Shed 9 in the city’s Docklands precinct to play a Space Ibiza set. Naturally, the venue will be the perfect place to catch the city’s fireworks displays at 9pm and midnight. Tickets are on sale now.
• And Sydney’s B Wise will hit the road for his debut national tour in support of his upcoming debut album ‘Area Famous’. The long player comes first (on September 14), with dates across the country to follow. Catch his dates in Sydney (Oct 05 at the Landsdowne Hotel), Newcastle (Oct 06 at the Cambridge Hotel), Melbourne (Oct 12 at Northcote Social Club), Ballarat (Oct 13 at Karova Lounge), Brisbane (Oct 20 at Black Bear Lodge), Canberra (Oct 26 at Transit Bar), Perth (Nov 02 at Jack Rabbit Slim’s) and Adelaide (Nov 03 at Rocket Bar).
THURSDAY AUGUST 16 : Queens Of The Stone Age (Hobart)
THURSDAY AUGUST 16 : B Wise (Nationally)
MONDAY AUGUST 20 : RNB Fridays Live (Nationally)
TURSDAY AUGUST 21 : King Princess (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)