Hot on the heels of our premiere of his debut single ‘I Don’t’ just 24 hours ago, today we get to know LX Mason.
He’s an up and coming soul/pop performer out of Sydney with a passion for good vibes and a keen eye for a bargain wedge of good cheese. Scratch the LX Mason surface with our latest feature right here;
01. Name : LX Mason.
02. Where are you based? Sydney.
03. How did you get your start in music? Back in high school, I started hanging out with these guys and every one of them sang or played an instrument. Eventually we formed a band, but it didn’t last too long. Ever since then I’ve kept writing, performing, and producing to find the sound I was looking for.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Always keen for good vibes.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I grew up on pop music, so it’s engrained in me. I bounced back and forth with electro pop and something more with an R&B sound but always came back to pop. After writing alone for a while I took my top lines to some AMAZING people and once we found something I liked, I stuck with it.
06. What’s your earliest musical memory? Just before I was born, my dad bought this massive stereo system, so as a kid my siblings and I were always listening/dancing to Blackstreet, Boyz II Men, Toni Braxton, and La Bouche.
07. Who have been your musical influences? Hayden James, Lauv, *NSYNC, Louis the Child, Julia Michaels and Destiny’s Child.
08. What are your favourite songs of all time? How could you do that to me!? Uhh… right now it’s ‘Better Not’ by Louis the Child ftg. Wafia, ‘Death And All His Friends’ by Coldplay and almost anything by Michael Jackson or Justin Timberlake.
09. Where’s your favourite place to listen to music? Live is always the best! Second would be my car.
10. Who are your go-to artists when you’re feeling :
Happy? Louis The Child, GLADES, Jojo
Introspective? Mac Ayers
Exhausted? Probably would just go to sleep haha.
11. What was the first album you ever bought? ‘Celebrity’ by *NSYNC.
12. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. My wife recently got me on to finding quick sales at the shops. I may not even need a block of brie, but hey, if it’s 50 cents and was originally three dollars, it’s mine.
13. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? Does an A&R manager count? If not, I’d be a psychologist.
14. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? The constant reminder from my friend, St. Humain : “You’re the boss”.
15. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? Probably Kanye. I don’t care about the money or anything, I just want to know what he’s thinking most of the time.
16. Tell us about your latest release. Being my debut single, I’m happy that ‘I Don’t’ has the message that it does. It’s threefold; it’s a reminder to myself that it’s okay if what I do doesn’t make everyone happy because at some point I need to do what makes me happy. It’s a message to people who are too quick to judge, and it’s a song people can sing when they feel crushed under the weight of judgment, opinion, or manipulation.
17. What do your future plans involve? Always more music! Already working on the release for single two, new music for next year and going to line up some shows for next year.
18. Where can our audience catch you live? Nothing yet, but if you follow my Insta I’ll defs keep you updated!
WEBSITE : http://www.lxmason.com
FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/lx.mason
INSTAGRAM : http://www.instagram.com/lx.mason
TWITTER : http://www.twitter.com/lx_mason
SOUNDCLOUD : http://www.soundcloud.com/lxmason