Get to know SEGANA on the site this morning; a fresh new act out of Sydney with a seriously slick debut single.
The band’s debut release under the ‘SEGANA’ moniker is bang on trend and also comes with a totally slick music video, which you can check out below.
But who are they? And what do they want with us? Best you check out our latest feature below and find out.
01. Band name : SEGANA.
02. How did you choose your band name? We used to be under another band name, but after we released our first song we felt the name didn’t quite suit us. Then one day we were on a road trip and came up with the name ‘SEGANA’.
03. Where are you based? Based in Sydney, Australia.
04. Who are your members? Derrick Attwood, Joshua Paltoo, Nathaniel Haslem.
05. And what role do they play in the band? Derrick & Josh (Lyrics and Music), Nathaniel (Drums + visual content director).
06. How was the band formed? We were all friends previously, so we decided to get together and pursue music.
07. Tell us a little bit about your sound. We have a hard hitting sound full of good vibes. Our genres combine the elements of pop, hip-hop and electronic music.
08. If you had to compare yourselves to an already established act sound-wise, who would it be? Major Lazer.
09. Give us five words to best describe the band. Energetic, Lively, Ambitious, Devoted, Eager.
10. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? Experience plays a part – a huge part – since we’ve undergone the name change. Our music taste has evolved, our image has been redesigned and just in general, we’ve taken a more personal approach to how we represent ourselves.
11. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’, ‘Thriller’ and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, just because they’re the classics.
12. What’s your band’s biggest claim to fame so far? As we only have one song released, we haven’t hit the heights we’re aiming for yet. However, we have a lot of goals and a lot of songs that we’re planning to release, which can provide us with great opportunities.
13. If you could score the support slot for any act, who would you choose? Justin Bieber for sure.
14. What’s been your strangest experience as a band? We haven’t had any strange experiences yet, but who knows we might have some down the line.
15. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Forget You’ is your usual break up song with a great beat behind it. It’s really catchy and just gets you wanting to get up and dance. The audio for the song was released a few weeks ago. However, the music video was released just a few days ago. We’ve received great reception for it so far, and we’re hoping it can get even bigger from here.
16. What do your plans for global superstardom involve? Honestly, we want to keep working hard and continue creating great music that we all love. We’re all very passionate and committed to what we do, so as long as we keep doing what were doing and are there supporting each other, our opportunities are endless.
17. Where can our audience catch you live? Our first gig is at LAMB FEST in Mudgee next month. It’s an event hosted by Derrick’s uncle. We’ve been preparing and rehearsing for weeks now and we’re very keen to get our Live performances underway. We will definitely be looking for more gigs and places to showcase our sound once this event has passed.
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/seganaAU/
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/seganagram/
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/SEGANA4
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/segana-882779448
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHV4JsaVPrZBproPYhnyLeg