We get to know Tiana Troy. She’s a new pop/R&B act out of Sydney who’s just dropped her latest single ‘Breathe’.
But who is she? What makes her tick? Who are her favourite artists?
Find out below in our latest feature.
01. Name : Tiana Troy.
02. Where are you based? I am based in Sydney.
03. How did you get your start in music? Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always loved singing and dancing. I started of Latino and ballroom dancing and competing but I found that I was passionate about singing ever since.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. 1. love dance music, 2. love R&B music, 3. love singing big diva ballads, 4. I’m a girl’s girl and 5. love women empowerment.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. My voice is similar to Ariana Grande and Aaliyah. I also have those husky tones similar to Christina Aguilera.
06. What’s your earliest musical memory? Is competing for the first time for dance and winning.
07. Who have been your musical influences? My musical influences are my parents and friends always supporting me in whatever I do and believing in me.
08. What are your favourite songs of all time? My favourite songs of all time are ‘Butterflies’ by Queen Naija, ‘Best Mistake’ by Ariana Grande, ‘Care 4 You’ by Aaliyah, ‘Almost Is Never Enough’ by Ariana Grande, ‘All I Ask’ by Adele, ‘Drunk In Love’ by Beyoncé, ‘Sweet Dreams’ by Beyoncé, ‘Crazy In Love’ by Beyoncé, ‘Halo’ by Beyoncé, ‘What’s My Name’ by Rihanna and ‘Russian Roulette’ by Rihanna.
09. Where’s your favourite place to listen to music? In my room as it is peaceful and quiet. Also at the pool and in the car just driving.
10. Who are your go-to artists when you’re feeling : Happy? Christina Aguilera, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Rihanna. Sad? Queen Naija, Ariana Grande, Sam Smith, Adele.
11. What was the first album you ever bought? I never bought an album… I just listened to my dad’s music.
12. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I am quite reserved but I feel like when I’m with my close friends and family that’s when you see the fun funny side of me.
13. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I would have chosen fashion designer to make tight dresses and fur coats… also custom made shoes.
14. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? The best advice I would give to people is to just go for what you want and I guarantee that you will get there at the end if you work hard and love what you do.
15. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? I would trade with Jennifer Lopez as she can dance, she can sing, she can act and she is determined in what she does.
16. Tell us about your latest release. My latest release is my new single ‘Breathe’. I’ve been working on it for a couple months now and just released it. It was fun and a good experience with my producer Jarrod Bain.
17. What do your future plans involve? My future plans involve my travelling countries and different places and performing to get myself more out there.
18. Where can our audience catch you live? You can catch me live at my single launch October 03 at The Record Crate in Glebe.
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/officialtianatroy
INSTAGRAM : http://www.instagram.com/officialtianatroy
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pq8s5-1ENJTuZBjkHh9Cg