• Hello and welcome to your Wednesday Purge! The new Camila Cabello single is in. It’s called ‘Consequences’ and it’s both the third single from her debut solo record ‘Camila’ and also the final one. The track is one of a handful of new tunes that have made their way to Australian media thus far this week. Naturally, we’ll bring you a more comprehensive list of the newbies on the FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon.
• The details may be scant at the moment, but superstar Mariah Carey has confirmed on her social media platforms that her new album is called ‘Caution’ and it’ll land at retailers everywhere on Friday November 16. The album will contain her recently released hype track ‘GTFO’ and the lead single proper from the new project, ‘With You’, the video for which dropped last week (HERE).
• Aunty Meredith has dropped the line-up for next year’s Golden Plains Festival. Once again set to take over the Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre, the festival’s 2019 line-up includes Happy Mondays, Beach House, Four Tet, The Internet, The Jesus And Mary Chain, DJ Harvey, Magic Dirt, Marlon Williams and many more. The ballot for tickets is open now, but closes at 10:13pm on Tuesday October 23. Head to goldenplains.com.au for the guff.
• The big tour news of the week, of course, is that rap megastar Eminem will be in Australia early in the new year for shows in our four biggest capital cities, including Perth for the very first time. The ‘Rapture’ tour is in support of Eminem’s recently released album ‘Kamikaze’ and he’ll be kicking off his local commitments at QSAC in Brisbane on Wednesday February 20. From there, it’s down to Sydney (ANZ Stadium on February 22) and Melbourne (the MCG on February 24), before he heads across to Perth for a date at Optus Stadium on February 27. Visa card holders get first access to a pre-sale from 10am today. General tickets are on sale from 2pm AEDT on Monday, October 22.
• New Zealand three piece The Beths have also confirmed they’re headed our way soon, though they’ll be touching down late this year for shows on the East Coast. They’re set to play The Lansdowne in Sydney on December 19, the Northcote Social Club in Melbourne on December 20 and Brisbane’s Black Bear Lodge on December 22. Tickets are on sale at 10am AEDT today.
• And disco legend Leo Sayer will play a one-off Christmas show for fans at the West Gippsland Arts Centre in the Victorian city of Warragul on December 07. Naturally, he’ll be playing all the songs that have made him famous across his impressive career, including ‘Thunder In My Heart’, ‘More Than I Can Say’, ‘When I Need You’ and the classic ‘You Make Me Feel Like Dancing’.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 17 : The Beths (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY OCTOBER 18 : The Jacksons (Nationally)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 19 : Greta Van Fleet (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 19 : John Prine (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
MONDAY OCTOBER 22 : Eminem (Nationally)
TUESDAY OCTOBER 23 : Anne-Marie (Nationally)