• Welcome to your midweek edition of The Purge and welcome to the new music release for internet star Cameron Dallas (pictured above). Cameron made a name for himself on both Vine and YouTube and has now inked a deal with Columbia Records to drop his new single ‘Why Haven’t I Met You?’. Naturally, the team at his label are hoping that his 50 million plus social media followers will lap up the new single and his debut full length album, which he’s currently working on. ‘Why Haven’t I Met You Yet’ is available digitally now.
• Also premiering new music this week is US singer songwriter Sara Bareilles. Her single is titled ‘Armor’ (that would be ‘Armour’ spelled the American way) and it’s the first single to be lifted from a new album project, that her label hints we’ll be seeing sometime early in the new year. Sara hit the big time down under with her 2013 single ‘Brave’, which peaked at No.3 on the ARIA singles chart.
• There are plenty of new tunes doing the rounds at Australian media this week, including the new Kygo/Sandro Cavazza single ‘Happy Now’, Polish Club’s ‘Clarity’, Ricki-Lee’s ‘Unbothered’, the new Cardi B track ‘Money’ and the Rudimental/Tom Walker single ‘Walk Alone’. Head across to our FACEBOOK page tomorrow afternoon where we’ll deliver a more comprehensive list of the new tracks doing the rounds at Aussie media.
• The recently-announced tour for hip hop superstar Post Malone has grown substantially. Tickets for his upcoming Aussie tour went on sale yesterday morning, but demand during the pre-sale saw the team at Live Nation confirm second dates in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane before they hit the sales desk. He’ll now play a second show at Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena (May 01), a second at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre (May 05) and a second at Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena (May 08). Tickets for all shows are on sale now.
• The Paper Kites are hitting the road early in the new year in support of their latest album ‘On The Corner Where You Live’. Their touring commitments will kick off at ANU in Canberra on Thursday February 28, but will continue with dates in Newcastle (March 01), Sydney (March 02), Adelaide (March 08), Perth (March 09), Dunsborough (March 10), Gold Coast (March 15), Brisbane (March 16) and their hometown Melbourne (March 23). Pre-sale tickets to the tour are on sale now ’til midnight tonight. General tickets are then on sale from 9am tomorrow.
• And Paul Dempsey still enjoys an immense amount of popularity in his hometown of Melbourne. His originally announced date at the city’s Recital Hall sold out within 24 hours of going on sale. Demand for tickets is still incredibly strong, however, so he’s confirmed a second date – at the Corner Hotel on Thursday December 06. His label EMI warns us, however, that this will be his final Melbourne show for the year. Tickets are on sale from midday today.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 31 : Deep Sea Arcade (Nationally)
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 31 : Paul Dempsey (Melbourne)
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 31 : Eagles (Melbourne, Brisbane)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 01 : The Paper Kites (Nationally)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 01 : Parquet Courts (Sydney, Melbourne)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 01 : The Prodigy (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Clairo (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Matt Corby (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Denzel Curry (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Craig David/All Saints (Sydney, Gold Coast, Canberra)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : The Internet (Sydney, Brisbane)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : The Jesus & Mary Chain (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Ravyn Lenae (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Mitski (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Rita Ora (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : RNB Vine Days (Nationally)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Yellow Days (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 02 : Yungblud (Nationally)
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 07 : Arctic Monkeys (Nationally)