• Welcome to your Wednesday edition of The Purge – and welcome to ‘Better Together’, the new single from Aussie producer (and auspOp fave) Hayden James. The track comes hot on the heels of his latest platinum selling smash ‘Just Friends’ and is a collaboration with Running Touch. Explaining ‘Better Together’, Hayden says, “It’s about a relationship where you’re better as a team. That otherperson is an extension of you; it’s THE RIGHT relationship, not just any. It’s the one that clicks and where you mirror each other.”
• Peking Duk… authors! Yes, Canberra superstars Peking Duk have thrown their hats into the author ring, penning a kids book entitled ‘DJ Duks’. “‘DJ Duks’ is a cautionary tale of two little ducks named Adam and Roobs with big dreams of fame, fortune and #millionfollowerstatus on Quakker,” Reuben from the band explains. “Through the twists and turns of the music industry, the DJ DUKS get to hang out with celebrities (some with millions of followers), own fancy cars and live in a mansion but they soon notice the emptiness of these people around them and the world of social media. Adam and Roobs have to figure out a way to reconnect with the friends and the music they’ve left back at home in the Ducklands.” The book will also be made available in bundles, including personally signed copies, rubber duck sets, headphones, keyrings and more.
• Indie-pop songstress The Japanese House has confirmed that her 13 track debut album ‘Good At Falling’ will be released on Friday March 01. The announcement comes as the singer (aka Amber Bain) dropped a new track from it, ‘Follow My Girl’. “These songs are definitely more direct” she says of the new material. “The album has a lot more of me in it, so it makes sense.”
• The boys from Lany will be back in Australia in the middle of next year, confirming a national tour that will take in dates in all five main capital cities. Their 2019 touring commitments kick off with a show at 256 Wickham in Brisbane on July 13. It’s then on to the Enmore Theatre in Sydney (Jul 14), Melbourne’s Margaret Court Arena (Jul 19), Governor Hindmarsh in Adelaide (Jul 20) and finally Perth’s Astor Theatre (July 21). Secret Sounds pre-sales are live from 9am tomorrow, with general tickets hitting the sales desk from 9am this Friday.
• Current chart stormer Juice WRLD will be in Australia for Falls Festival over the new year period, but he’s confirmed that he’ll also play headline sideshows in Sydney and Melbourne while he’s on ground. Famous for his chart smash ‘Lucid Dreams’, the 19 year old performer will hit the stage at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney on January 04 and at the Forum Theatre in Melbourne on January 05. A Live Nation pre-sale kicks off at 10am this morning. General tickets are go from 11am tomorrow, Thursday November 15.
• Country superstar Tim McGraw has been confirmed as the headline act for the 2019 Deni Ute Muster. He’ll head to the Victorian music festival for its 21st birthday on October 04 and 05 next year and will no doubt be supported by a stellar cast of country music’s biggest names. Tickets for the Deni Ute Muster 2019 are on sale now.
• In the meantime, if you can’t get to Deniliquin, you might also get the chance to see Tim performing at the inaugural Country To Country events, set to take place in Sydney and Brisbane in September. He’s been confirmed to headline the events, which will hit Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney on Saturday September 28 and the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Sunday September 29. Telstra Thanks pre-sale tickets are live from 10am local time today. General tickets hit the sales desk on Friday at midday local time.
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 14 : Maggie Rogers (Nationally)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15 : Big Country (Berry)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15 : Butterfingers (Nationally)
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15 : Juice WRLD (Sydney, Melbourne)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16 : C2C : Country To Country (Sydney, Brisbane)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16 : David Gray (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16 : Missy Higgins (Gold Coast)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16 : Julia Jacklin (East Coast)
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16 : Lany (Nationally)
MONDAY NOVEMBER 19 : Kylie Minogue (Nationally)