Get to know Aaron Beri, a singer songwriter and model from Sydney who today drops his new single ‘I’m Here’.
Discover how he made the transition from model to singer, working on his sound with his producer Audius and the artists he rates and draws inspiration from.
It’s all right here in our latest feature.
01. Name : Aaron Beri.
02. Where are you based? Sydney, Australia.
03. How did you get your start in music? It was actually on a photoshoot! I was singing and generally messing around on set, my attention span is shocking in all honesty… oops. It worked in my favor that day though as another model’s manager told me I should be singing and I just sort of ran with it.
You know, it was something I always wanted to do but at the time I was unsure if I should change direction; I was living the teenage dream! Now I’m never looking back.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. Sultry. Unpredictable. Crazy. Loud. Gemini.
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. My producer and I have been having A MOMENT and a half over the past 12 months as we have really tried to focus my sound. The R&B undertone has always been there, however learning to control and manipulate the textures wasn’t always easy.
06. What’s your earliest musical memory? My mum used to sing ‘Sunshine’ by Gabrielle to me when I was a baby. I love that song.
07. Who have been your musical influences? The greats of course… Babyface, Toni Braxton, Steve Winwood, George Michael, Billy Ocean, Diane Warren.
08. What are your favourite songs of all time? Ohhh I’ll share a secret with you then… It’s called ‘The Roof’ by Mariah Carey. It makes me feel all kinds of nostalgia. Most people don’t know it.
09. Where’s your favourite place to listen to music? Long drives in the night.
10. Who are your go-to artists when you’re feeling : Happy? Sad? Introspective? Exhausted?
Tamar Braxton has some jams for when you’re feeling self-indulgent. ‘Love And War’, ‘Empty Boxes’, ‘Stay And Fight’. I turn her up, LOUD.
11. What was the first album you ever bought? Avril Lavigne’s ‘Let Go’. Remember ‘Complicated’? Child Aaron used to sing that at every opportunity to ignore his parents.
12. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I wouldn’t say it’s fun but I’m lactose intolerant. I don’t get to eat nice things.
13. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was a child. A week’s work experience in a clinic killed that dream. Nobody likes dead puppies.
14. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? “To be yourself because you are enough”. Valuable advice for all walks of life I think.
15. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? Nobody. It’s exciting to be me right now.
16. Tell us about your latest release. ‘I’m Here’ is an introspective song that fuses major life experiences with optimism. It talks about how you walk through the bad times and leave your mark on this world. It’s my hope that it gives anyone going through a tough time light, courage and power.
17. What do your future plans involve? We are trying real hard to finish the album but (in typical Aaron fashion) my plans are ever changing. I’m off to the USA for something exciting real soon though!
WEBSITE : http://www.aaronberi.com
FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/aaronberimusic
INSTAGRAM : http://www.instagram.com/aaronberiofficial
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/aaronberi
SOUNDCLOUD : https://soundcloud.com/aaronberi
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5vYPZMMpY2pKgefJltlVXw