Get to know David Galea! He’s a fresh new pop artist out of Melbourne who’s just dropped his debut single ‘Beautiful Life’.
Obsessed with pop music? Yes, slightly. After all, his feature below name checks the likes of Sam Smith, Rihanna, Tina Arena, Delta Goodrem, Katy Perry and more.
Wanna dig a little deeper and get to know David a little more?
01. Name : David Galea.
02. Where are you based? The best city in the world, Melbourne!
03. How did you get your start in music? I have always loved music from a young age. My dad played guitar in a cover band and I used to love watching them rehearse at our place. I would to sing along to all the old school rock’n’roll tracks they would play and it inspired me to be a performer.
04. Give us five words to best describe you as an artist. BOLD // POP // LASERS // REAL // LIGHTNING BOLT EMOJI ⚡ (That’s one word in emoji form, soz.)
05. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I don’t know how I’d describe my sound… I’ve always been the ‘pop guy’ and obsessed with pop music. It developed from my love of pop culture/the idea of fame mixed with my love for jazz/blues/rock’n’roll.
06. What’s your earliest musical memory? Two of my favourites are either listening to Tina Arena with my mum and dancing around the living room (we’re literally her No.1 fans haha) or watching ‘Grease’ on the regular and wishing I could be as cool as Danny Zuko when I grow up.
07. Who have been your musical influences? Elvis, Gaga, Kanye, Sinatra, Katy Perry, Calvin Harris, JT, Sam Smith, Rihanna, Avicii… Just to name a few.
08. What are your favourite songs of all time? ‘Don’t You Worry Child’ – Swedish House Mafia, ‘Fever’ – Michael Buble’s version, ‘Runaway’ – Kanye West, ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ – Elvis, ‘Waiting For Tonight’ – JLo (couldn’t leave out my guilty pleasure).
09. Where’s your favourite place to listen to music? In the car! I can’t afford any distractions because I’m a terrible driver, but music is a must when I’m driving!
10. Who are your go-to artists when you’re feeling : Happy? Sad? Introspective? Exhausted? Well over the past ten months the ‘A Star Is Born’ soundtrack has been my all time go-to for every emotion, but I also listen to Kanye when I wanna feel like a boss and Sam Smith when I’m sad.
11. What was the first album you ever bought? ‘Innocent Eyes’ – Delta Goodrem!
12. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. Katy Perry pulled me up on stage at her ‘California Dreams’ Tour in 2011. I kissed Katy and I liked it! Check out the video on YouTube… it’s so embarrassing haha but it was one of the craziest/best things to ever happen to me!
13. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? Anything creative. Designing & creating awesome stuff that makes the world a more beautiful place.
14. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Always be yourself. People can tell if you aren’t being real. If they don’t like you for you then they aren’t worth your time.
15. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? Kanye. He’s killing it in the music world and the fashion world. They’re my two favourite worlds.
16. Tell us about your latest release. I’ve just released my very first original track called ‘Beautiful Life’! It was produced by JhayC and it is a fun, catchy song. It’s all about loving what you have and not worrying about what you don’t. We’ve all got a lot to be grateful for and sometimes we can lose sight of that very easily.
17. What do your future plans involve? I want to write more music and further develop my sound! Next I want to release an EP and perform it around as much as I can! Follow me to stay updated.
FACEBOOK : www.facebook.com/DavidGaleaMusic
INSTAGRAM : www.instagram.com/davidgalea24
TWITTER : www.twitter.com/davidgalea24
SOUNDCLOUD : www.soundcloud.com/davidgalea24
YOUTUBE : www.youtube.com/davidgalea24