We get to know Marloe, a young singer songwriter out of Brisbane who’s just dropped her new single ‘Ruminate’.
As with all our previous Get To Know features, we liked the new track enough to send over a list of pressing questions in order to find out a little more about the person behind it.
So kick back and relax with our latest feature and get to know Marloe.
1. Name : MARLOE.
2. Where are you based? Brisbane, Australia.
3. How did you get your start in music? I started singing when I was in school, but didn’t consider it as a career until I moved to New York, and studied musical theatre.
4. Give us five words to describe you as an artist. Raw, honest, playful, quirky, deep.
5. Tell us a little about your sound and how it developed. My music is bright and flirtatious with rich, intimate lyrics and vocals.
6. What’s your earliest musical memory? My earliest musical memory would have to be trying to teach myself the Titanic theme on the piano when I was really young – I was not successful.
7. Who have been your musical influences? Lana Del Rey, Vera Blue, Lorde, Maggie Rogers.
8. What are your favorite songs of all time? ‘I’ll Be Seeing You’ by Billie Holiday.
9. Where’s your favorite place to listen to music? Anywhere I can listen alone and really let the music speak to me.
10. Who are your go-to artists when you are feeling: Happy? Sad? Introspective? Exhausted? Gang Of Youths and Angie McMahon on repeat no matter what my mood.
11. What was the first album you ever bought? I think the first album I bought was Avril Lavigne ‘Let Go’.
12. Give us a little fun fact people might not know about you. Ah, a fun fact about me is that I can sing the ABCs with my mouth closed.
13. What would your career choice have been if music were not an option? Well, I also studied acting, and very much still want to pursue that, as well as music, so it would definitely be that.
14. What is the best advice you have received so far in your career? Don’t rush, and trust yourself.
15. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? Maggie Rogers.
16. Tell us about your latest release. My latest single ‘Ruminate’ is a whimsical and shiny anthem about how it feels to fall in love.
17. What do your future plans involve? Releasing more music and get my live set up and running so people can come see me live.