We get to know Eli Dan, a duo out of Melbourne who’ve recently made a splash with their super-fresh debut single ‘Treading Water’.
This talented twosome have evolved their sound, taken inspiration from some top notch pop acts and have turned out a totally convincing debut.
Not only a debut single, but also a debut music video too, which you can watch below.
So without further delay, join us as we Get To Know Eli Dan!
01. Band name : Eli Dan.
02. Where are you based? Melbourne.
03. Who are your members? Elisha Apurado and Danny Hacket.
04. And what role do they play in the band? Elisha – Performer/Songwriter/Producer. Danny – Songwriter/Management.
05. How did you choose your band name? It is the first three letters for both our first names (Eli Dan).
06. Give us five words to best describe the band. Elisha : Honest, storytellers, loves good melodies.
07. How was the band formed? The band was formed when we started writing together on Danny’s solo project. From there, we started writing songs with Elisha’s voice in mind instead and the rest is history.
08. Tell us a little bit about your sound. We really like a juxtaposition of organic and synthesized instruments and this is what we tried to achieve with ‘Treading Water’.
Danny being from a folk background and Elisha from a pop/R&B background, our sound is a happy medium between the two. As a producer, I (Elisha) also really love the concept of electronics in harmony especially in the vocal production.
09. If you had to compare yourselves to an already established act sound-wise, who would it be? King Princess, Meg Mac and Ellie Goulding.
10. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? Many ways! As mentioned earlier, we started this whole thing writing on Danny’s solo project and now, we have decided that Elisha would be the frontwoman. We have also developed a lot in our sound, going through multiple processes of refinement until reaching the sound we have today.
11. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? Elisha : ‘Daughters’ – John Mayer, ‘We Don’t Eat’ – James Vincent McMorrow. There’s too many!
Danny : ‘Black Flies’ and ‘I Forget Where We Were’ – Ben Howard, ‘Southern Sun’, ‘Feeding Line’ – Boy And Bear, ‘Black’ – Pearl Jam.
12. Which song from history do you wish you’d written? Elisha : would probably be have to be ‘Daughters’. Danny : Boy And Bear’s ‘Back Down The Black’.
13. What’s been the biggest highlight of your band’s journey so far? Elisha : I’d say the release of our first single, ‘Treading Water’, has been pretty huge for us.
14. What’s been your strangest experience as a band? Elisha : Haven’t really had too many strange experiences together at this stage. We totally need to up our ‘cool’ factor on that front.
15. Who’s your most passionate groupie? Elisha : Would have to be my friends and family. Danny : My wife and kids.
16. Are you hotel trashers, cup of tea drinkers or somewhere in between? Elisha : Definitely a cup of tea drinker. Total nana. Danny : I am totally the opposite, love a good time and a good party.
17. If you could score the support slot for any act, who would you choose? Elisha : Julia Michaels, John Mayer, Johnnyswim, Sara Bareilles (I’d lose my mind if I were support act for any of these).
Danny : My favourite band of all time is Pearl Jam. Would love to open for them one day. But something more realistic would be Boy And Bear.
18. Tell us about your latest release. ‘Treading Water’ is primarily the product of our experiences of the ups and downs of the music industry. In its embryonic stages, we were both just having a discussion on whether all our efforts would result in anything and then we realised how much this struggle mimics everyday life.
We were very fortunate to have Herson Delos Santos direct the video for us. He really brought what we wanted to convey in the song through the music video.
19. What do your plans for global superstardom involve? Elisha : I think we just want to put our heads down and create some awesome music, we hope the product just does the rest. We’re very honest writers and we just know that people out there can relate to that.
20. Where can our audience catch you live? Our single launch show is on February 08 at Kindred Studios in Footscray.
FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/elidanproductions
INSTAGRAM : http://www.instagram.com/eli.dan.music
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1B3vm45iBVU59aNJWxdnQ