Get to know H3RIZON, a fresh new three piece girl band out of Sydney who’ve just dropped their first single ‘Maniac’.
These fierce and fabulous ladies have spent the past couple of years quietly honing their craft; uploading a series of cover versions onto their YouTube channel.
But now they’re ready to take the leap into the mainstream with the release of their first single.
So what better time to get to know them than now?
Ladies and gentlemen, please say hello to H3RIZON.
01. Band Name : H3RIZON.
02. Where are you based? Sydney, Australia.
03. Who are your members? Gabby, Bernie, Taya.
04. And what role do they play in the band? We’re like every vocal ensemble! Gabby is the soprano, Taya is the mezzo soprano, and Bernie is the alto. On top of that, we each come from different musical backgrounds with Gabby’s classical singing and piano training, Taya’s urban and R&B touch and Bernie’s production skills and beat-making.
05. How did you choose your band name? The saying that inspired our name is “she’s keeping her eyes on the horizon and her hands on the wheel”. To us, this means to never lose sight of who we are but also what we want to become. And on our journey, we want to support each other, particularly as women, to be in the moment, to work hard, and to push through whatever comes our way.
06. Give us five words to best describe the band. We’re fun, jokers, genuine, friendly, and ambitious.
07. How was the band formed? We initially knew each other through mutual gigs and we just felt that we clicked so we decided to form a girl group in late 2018.
08. Tell us a little bit about your sound. Our sound is a mix of pop, R&B, and classical elements, but our trademark is our harmony.
09. If you had to compare yourselves to an already established act sound-wise, who would it be? We love the way ChloexHalle cleverly incorporates harmony and classical elements into their R&B tracks. They’re definitely artists whose quality of sound is something we strive for.
10. In what ways has the band changed from when it was formed to today? We started off with merely the idea of being in a girl group together, and now we know each other a lot deeper beyond the music. We feel we’re a lot more comfortable to be vulnerable with each other now.
11. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? Gabby : ‘Miss Independent’ by Ne-Yo has to be one of the only songs I’ll always come back to listen to on repeat.
Bernie : ‘Let Me Love You’ by Mario. It’s your obligation as a human to sing your heart out to this song when it comes on.
Taya : ‘All In My Head’ by Tori Kelly. This woman is a BEAST… what a voice. I want to be like her when I grow up… eventually… hahaha!
12. Which song from history do you all wish you’d written? The R&B classic ‘Weak’ by SWV has all the qualities of the type of song we’d want to write. It’s got jazz influences, harmonies, a grooving beat, unforgettable melodies and lyrics.
13. What’s been the biggest highlight of your band’s journey so far? We’ve filmed our first ever music video for our latest release, ‘Maniac’! It just shows how far we’ve come as a group because this is something we’ve been dreaming of and working towards since we banded together.
14. What’s been your strangest experience as a band? We know that we take it seriously now, but in the beginning, we just posted singing videos on TikTok for fun and didn’t think we’d go viral. Once we had our first viral video, we unexpectedly garnered a lot of followers, song requests, and people who were eager to get to know us.
15. Who’s your most passionate groupie? Our family and friends, hands down.
16. Are you hotel trashers, cup of tea drinkers or somewhere in between? It depends on the occasion ;)
17. If you could score the support slot for any act, who would you choose? ChloexHalle.
18. Tell us about your latest release. It’s got our signature harmonies and musicality, but this time, in a whole new concept. It’s R&B, upbeat, danceable and sensual. It’s something that’ll definitely shock our fans.
19. What do your plans for global superstardom involve? We’re ambitious, so while we want to do world tours, selling out albums and collaborating with other artists, we want to become an inspiration for other girls to fulfil their own ambitions while supporting each other.
WEBSITE : https://h3rizonmusic.com/
FACEBOOK : http://facebook.com/H3rizonMusic
INSTAGRAM : http://instagram.com/h3rizonmusic
TWITTER : http://twitter.com/h3rizonmusic
SOUNDCLOUD : http://soundcloud.com/h3rizonmusic
YOUTUBE : http://youtube.com/channel/UCtlJKVTnRTrwVtUbzsbBQXA