Not only will you get to know LIKE TYE in this latest feature, we’re also premiering their debut single ‘Be That Man’!
The track is all about being on the precipice of losing a relationship, but stepping up to ensure that all is not lost. And it’s a seriously impressive piece of homegrown R&B/pop.
But who are LIKE TYE?
There’s only one way to find out. Read on. And check ‘Be That Man’ from your favourite digital music platform from tomorrow.
01. Band name : LIKE TYE.
02. Who are your members? [Tyler] We are a superduo consisting of artists Tyler Rivers and Ty Romè.
03. And what role do they play in the group? [Ty] I’m Ty Romè and I am the singer/songwriter, and Tyler is not only our singer/songwriter but also mixes and produces most of our tracks!
04. How did you choose your group name? [Ty] To be honest there wasn’t much of a thought process behind it, we knew we needed a name and kinda just combined our names together and LIKE TYE just worked for us. [Tyler] Yeah as soon as we heard it, it was like yeah that’s the one haha.
05. Give us five words to best describe your group. [Both] Funny, charismatic, energetic, playful, spicy haha.
06. How was the group formed? [Ty] That’s a good question.
[Tyler] Well we made one track together called ‘Better Than My Ex’ and we worked well together so just continued creating together.
[Ty] We were having so much fun making music and it kind of organically formed that way..
[Tyler] Was meant to be haha.
07. Tell us a little bit about your sound. [Tyler] Our sound is very melodic and has an up upbeat vibe. Can appeal to a large audience.
[Ty] Yeah we aim to bring happiness in our music. All our tracks we’ve been cooking up have been catchy and fun.
08. If you had to compare yourselves to an already established act sound-wise, who would it be?
[Ty] I’d say we’re carving our own lane but if we had to pick one maybe Justin Bieber.
09. What are your members’ favourite songs of all time? [Ty] Chris Brown and Tyga ‘Ayo’, Chris Brown ‘Yeah 3x’, bit of a Chris Brown fan haha.
[Tyler] Hmm I don’t know what my favourite song of all time is to be honest. The only thing that pops into my head right now is ‘Gave Your Love Away’ by Majid Jordan. That’s a classic right there!
10. Which song from history do you all wish you’d written? [Ty] Boyz II Men – ‘End Of The Road’.
[Tyler] Haha damn that’s a good one. I think mine might be ‘Cry Me A River’ by Justin Timberlake.
11. What’s been the biggest highlight of your group’s journey so far? [Tyler] We haven’t had the biggest highlight yet but I’ve enjoyed the journey so far.
[Ty] Yeah being in the studio creating is definitely a highlight so far.
12. What’s been your strangest experience as a group? [Tyler] Haven’t had one yet but we’re keen to find out what it’s gonna be haha.
13. Who’s your most passionate groupie? [Both] Our manager haha.
14. Are you hotel trashers, cup of tea drinkers or somewhere in between? [Tyler] Depends on the mood hey probably a bit of both haha. Nah, we’re pretty chill.
[Ty] Haha yeah we’re not too crazy are we.
15. If you could score the support slot for any act, who would you choose? [Tyler] Justin Bieber.
[Ty] or Ty Dolla Sign.
16. Tell us about your debut release. [Ty] The track is about stepping up and taking control of your relationship with your partner for the better. Making it work.
[Tyler] Yeah and it’s the first step to the bigger journey ahead. We have a lot in store for our fans coming into next year.
17. What do your plans for global superstardom involve? [Ty] Being the best pop duo in the world. Lets goooo!
18. Where can our audience catch you live? [Tyler] When the borders open…
[Ty] Damn when the borders open we’ll be anyway you need us to be haha let’s gooo!