Today we get to know Gigi Lalé. She’s a debut artist out of Melbourne who’s just dropped her first single ‘Issa Vibe’.
As you can tell from the title, it’s all about building yourself up for a big night on the town.
“‘Issa Vibe’ is a song I made for the girls, gays and theys that you can listen to while you gossip or get ready for a night out,” she explains.
It’s sugary sweet and super catchy. And we get to know the young woman behind it right here.
01. Name : Gigi Lalé.
02. Where are you based? Melbourne, Australia.
03. Give us four words to best describe you as an artist. Confident, sweet, powerful and unapologetic.
04. Tell us a little bit about your sound and how it developed. I’ve always loved to layer harmonies and make music that I hope will inspire, empower and people.
05. What’s your earliest musical memory? When I was three years old I went to see one of my first musicals, ‘The Wizard Of Oz’. On the way home, my grandparents who took me stopped at a chemist to get some things and I went in (all dolled up in my Dorothy costume of course).
One of the employees asked me who I was supposed to be and I told her that I was very clearly Dorothy from ‘The Wizard Of Oz’, and I actually sang ‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’! I was only three, but man did I eat that performance up. I still remember the lady shedding a tear.
06. Who have been your musical influences? I can’t name just one honestly! Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Britney Spears… just to name a few.
07. What are your favourite songs of all time? If I had to pick a top five… ‘Into You’ and ‘God Is A Woman’ – Ariana Grande, ‘Versace On The Floor’ – Bruno Mars, ‘Like That’ – Doja Cat and literally any song from Beyoncé’s ‘Homecoming’ album.
08. Where’s your favourite place to listen to music? In my car with the volume on 50.
09. Who are your go-to artists when you’re feeling :
Happy? When i’m happy, I listen to my baddie playlist, that includes Nicki, Doja, Sawee:e and Ariana.
Sad? Sad is very harry styles feels or bruno mars.
IntrospecGve? Introspec:ve would be just like magic by Ariana Grande (great for manifes:ng too).
Exhausted? Exhausted would have to be just the top 50 in Aus.
10. What was the first album you ever bought? I think its just a right of passage for the first album I ever bought to be One Direction!
11. Give us a little fun fact about yourself that people might not know. I’m actually dyslexic.
12. What would your chosen career be if music wasn’t an option? I honestly don’t think I would be happy doing anything else but if I had to pick… maybe a vet?
13. What’s the best advice you’ve been given in your career? Be yourself. (It’s cliche, ik).
14. If you could trade places with any artist in the world right now, who would it be? Absolutely Doja Cat. She’s killing the game and I’d love to get some of her contacts.
15. Tell us about your debut release. My producer Nathan Smart and I had finished recording ‘Issa Vibe’ in just two days, but had had to stop all of our plans because of iso! Luckily we managed to get everything done super fast after iso restrictions eased. Then we dropped the song and visuals and now we’re here!
16. What do your future plans involve? Hopefully doing some traveling and working on developing my music and sound. Hopefully even make an EP or album before the end of the year.
17. Where can our audience catch you live? Check out my Instagram to stay up to date with future performances and new music.
WEBSITE : https://www.oomphrecords.com/gigi-lale
FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/itsgigilale
INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/itsgigilale/
TWITTER : https://twitter.com/gigilale
YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOF7gOOb8zRuCVjwAdXML3w